Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter continues

Sunday, February 17, 2013:

I have gradually recovered from my "cold" and am back to walking and cycling without problems on my regular schedule which is good.  I kept walking almost the entire time.

The cold seems to continue, although I'm sure it isn't any worse than normal (normally mid 30's to mid 40's when I walk early in the morning.

I look forward to my morning walks partly because I just enjoy them, but also to listen to books.  Right now I am listening to a book about Grant, which is interesting.  I have listened to books on perfume making and marketing, the Incas, uranium mining in the 1800's, Roosevelt, banking etc.  It is interesting and keeps me up with books I don't have time to read.

After my walk, I ride my bike to the gym and read the newspapers while I ride the stationary bike.  I love newspapers (I get 3-the Memphis Commerical Appeal, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times-I am always amazed I can get them all delivered to my door each morning!).

I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either since before Thanksgiving.  I basically wanted to not gain any weight during Christmas etc! I am going more to the Palco" diet that Ken (Switzer) informed me of rather than the "low carb" diet.

We landscaped our house with some new trees and bushes.

I am waiting for March to arrive-since February is half over it will be here soon!

Aliene had joint surgery so she is in the middle of six weeks of recovery with a cast on her arm.  She is doing ok, although it's not the most comfortable thing to have on her arm!  She is tired of it, but at least she will feel a lot better after the cast if removed!

No comments: