Friday, December 12, 2014

Fall 2014 December 12 Friday



47 degrees this morning.  43:09 minutes walking,, One earthquake

Friday again!  The week seems to go so fast!  

Still walking a “short walk”.  This morning was foggy, when it is foggy, I always think of London, and people walking in the fog in London.  

Of course, I have never been in London and don’t even know if it is really foggy there or not.  Maybe someday…..

Just thinking that it has been seven months since we were in China.  It doesn’t seem like a dream or like it was a long time ago, like some adventures.  

Also, it is a trip that more than met my expectations, in fact the actuality far exceeded my expectations.

I actually am making occasional  progress on the pictures, although not as fast as I like.  I need to really figure out how to set up Flickr so I can store the pictures.  

Out “in the field”  yesterday.  I probably was in the car about two hours, and  was listening to Christmas music almost the while time.  (Note that was not continuous.  I put on almost 88 miles, so I figure in between stops, it probably took about 2 hours of driving time, plus time I spend on the computer).

No, I’m not tired of  Holiday music, I still enjoy it!  I may start a little more variety, although with only two weeks left until Christmas, I’ll enjoy it while I can.  

I am going to  start trying to learn Spanish, just by listening to it all the time and trying ot learn how to speak it verbally.  (That is all the time I am alone in the car.)

Gas is down to $1.96 here.  I actually bought some for $2.04 and than I saw two stations at $1.96.  Of course, that would have saved me all of .56 cents.  

Going to try to buy a different type of shoe hoping it will help my feet. I like the distance I walk, but also have no  desire to hurt my feet!

I am going to start biking on a regular basis soon.  The combination walk, bike and swim was great, although I live too far from a swimming pool now to go swimming.  

Going to be an “office day” today.  I will be trying to get all of my paperwork caught up and get ready for a field day Monday.  

I  really enjoy the pace of the work, it is something new all the time.  

Planning on getting new glasses before the end of the year so I can use my vision insurance.  

The state legislature apparently caved in to special interests and doesn’t allow stores like Sams and Costco to sell glasses and it shows in the poor service and high prices in this state.  

Buying glasses is like buying a used car.  Even then Aliene’s glasses weren’t right .  That is what  happens when a special interest buys special favors.


That’s it for now, Friday, December 12, 2014.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: