Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Fall 2014 December 3 2014 Wednesday (Fudge, Businesses, Thoughts, Opinions)



39 degrees this morning, 57;36 minute walk, six earthquakes

“Fudge Day”!  Aliene made some of her fudge yesterday (Tuesday) which means I got to “lick” the bowl etc.!  One of my favorite activities! 

Fudge tastes as good as always!  Yes I did note  it on “My Fitness Pal”!

Field day yesterday (Tuesday) illustrated how this job is different every day.  I never know what will happen!  (I can’t really go into detail, but it is just that I never know what will happen. every situation is absolutely unique!)

I have to admire people who start their own business, I’m not sure where the some of the ideas or talent come from!  

Of course, not all of the ideas work (I have to deal with both the concepts, successes and some of the failures or misjudgments), but at least they are trying)

Monday and Tuesday was busy, hopefully today will be a little tamer so I can complete my work.  I am taking several days of vacation (Thursday and Friday), so I am trying to tie everything together.  

One thing good about this job, I can’t wait to get back to work Monday!  I have about 148 new cases that were assigned yesterday and opening them is like opening presents (well maybe like opening the mail, since it is always interesting, but my not be something I really want!).  

I will need to finish up everything else I am working on today, so it will be Monday before I can tackle the new cases.

I learn something new almost every day about my job.  It has a lot of complexities that you almost learn only from performing the tasks, and since there may be some activities we do only once every several years (or 5 times in one day, you never know), so it is difficult to always know what to do, so there is a lot “I’ll check and get back” statements!

We are starting to think about if we want consider buying a house or not.  There are a lot of benefits and negatives to each alternative.  (Currently we lease on a year lease>)

Looking forward to catching up with my reading, as well as my visiting, during my vacation!  We are looking forward to visiting personally with some friends.  

I have to admit, I always hated the concept of “Cyber Monday”.  The original concept was that people returned to work on Monday and used their work computers (since several years ago, they were always better and had faster connections, at least in the brains of the people who proposed it) to shop. 

That isn’t really true, but the concept and title stuck.  

The  thought of everyone taking work time and computers etc. to shop, and being encouraged to do so by the retailers always bothered me, and I can’t really believe that many people did it.  
On the other hand, maybe they did, but the thought of retailers encouraging it bothers me.

I also don’t care for the germ “Giving Tuesday”.  I certainly support people giving to whatever they want, but why we need a “day” for it can make it into a con game for certain groups who spend most of what they raise on salaries rather than the general purpose. 

I think a better way would be to rate the groups based on how much they actually spend on their stated objectives and not “administrative” expenses.


That’s it of now, Wednesday, December 3, 2014.  Due to my vacation and other events, this may be somewhat erratic or missing until next Monday, but I’ll do my best!

No comments: