Thursday, December 04, 2014

Fall 2014 December 4 Thursday (Toe, Arthritis, Foot)



45 degrees this morning, No walk, (earthquake app not working)

Arthritis of the big toe?  Strange to say the least. I had never heard of that.  Went to see the Doctor to see why I had pain in my big toe and the toe right next to the big toe in my foot, especially after I walked.

I don’t even know how to spell Arthritis!  Without spell checker, I would need to look it up every time!  At least I can get close enough of spell checker to pick it up.

Of course, as soon as i told him the symptoms he seemed to know what it was.

After several x-rays of my foot he showed me what the problem appeared to be.

Actually, I’m not in a lot of pain or anything, even after my walk. I was just concerned that it may be an indication of something worse or something worse coming. 

He suggested I wear a certain type of shoe (a “structured” shoe) and try some other things.  He advised surgery would also fix the problem (or could), but he didn’t advice that without trying other actions first.  

Strange, but I never even thought that there was such a thing as arthritis in the big toe, but I guess where there is a joint arthritis might be there.

If nothing else, I may just shorten my walk and ride my bike. 

I really value my morning walk and I would hate for a foot problem to stop it!

If I have to eventually have to have surgery, I would be unable to walk (except with crutches or a “roller shoe” for about a month, which I am sure would drive me nuts!

Reviewing what I have eaten in the past week (including Thanksgiving), I am amazed and dismayed that all of the food I really like has so many calories, carbs or something else bad.

Of course peanut butter, my favorite is healthy in a way, but is high in calories, fat and salt and who knows what else.

Cake and pie goes without saying that it is bad for me! 

Bread dressing-same thing.  Good but not good for you.   

-Braum’s strawberry shakes.  Again, good, but not good for your health!  

Doritos, well, I know better than to buy any Doritos, the bag just disappears into my mouth!

Same with cookies etc.

Even Taco Bell (whose Fritos\ Burritos are a favorite of mind, has a lot of impact!

Food is one of those things where I do spurge occasionally, I just try not to do it too much!  

Busy day today, in spite of being on vacation.  Sometimes it is work to be on a vacation!

That’s it for today, Thursday, December 4, 2014.






No comments: