Sunday, December 07, 2014

Fall 2014 December 7 Sunday



43 degrees this morning, no walk, couldn’t bring up earthquake app. 

A great visit to Memphis.  It just seems like time and distance melts away when we visit friends here, and it isn’t like it has been several months since we were here.

Last week I passed my 3 month “anniversary” for my job and our 5 months for our current house and location.  As I have mentioned before, it seems like we have lived here a lot longer.

I am still learning about my job, but at least I normally learn something new every day.  When I think about what I knew when I started, I am amazed at how much i have learned!    

I am trying to get this done while we are in Memphis, so this will probably be a short one!

Traveling is always so strange, that you can be in one place early in the morning and literally thousands of miles away the same day.  

Somehow,  traveling by air, I lose my perspective of the sense of “place” and get mixed up on where I have been, or may better to say, where I am.  

Traveling by car, I have the sense of movement to another place, the flow from one area to another.  

I always liked the trip from Memphis to OKC.  I always thought the trip could be put to music, to as we crossed the mighty Mississippi, the flat areas of eastern  Arkansas, the majestic areas of west Arkansas, and the flat, wind blown and relatively treeless east part of Oklahoma.  

I can literally hear the music as we travel.  Sometime, I will sit down and write some music that describes the trip.

That reminds me, I wrote an “original” music theme for a slide show I  wrote and put it on Youtube.  (It was been some years ago).  I only used original music and public domain music from Apple Garage Band.  

I was amazed to find that some company had claimed it had a copywriter on it.  Obviously they are lying.  I plan on challenging it.  When I challenged it the first time, all I got from Google was a threat to cancel my “channel”, which they can do if they want. 

Actually, they said “unfounded” challenges could result in losing your channel, I just didn’t want to take the time messing with it right then.  

I’ll look at doing that this week.

I was surprised to find myself scheduled for a speech at Toastmasters.  I decided I could quickly prepare a 5-7 minute speech on whey the Commission/Council-Manager form of  government is much better than the “strong mayor” form.  

That is, if what appears to be the beginnings of a cold doesn’t  become bad.
Busy week ahead.  “Catch up” at work and Aliene is  scheduled for a medical procedure for her headaches and neck pain.  Hopefully it will work.  


That’s it for now, Sunday, December 7, 2014

No comments: