Monday, December 29, 2014

Winter 2014 December 29 Monday



32 degrees this morning. 57:28  minutes walking, Five Earthquakes

Starting the last week of 2014.  I am already having a problem remembering to  put “2015” when I make notations for items after the first of the year.  

While I like action, I hope 2015 is tamer than 2014, although I will always remember with pleasure and good memories the trip to China in 2014.

I won’t go over some of the “lessons” I learned in 2014 or 2013 for that matter.  

On the other hand, in addition to the trip to China I had a lot of good things happen in 2014.

Reading Stephen King over the past four days.  Perhaps the items I still have to do around the house are replacing what used to be my work, as I feel guilty for reading instead of picking up “weeding” again etc.  I guess I just have to remember there is a “time for everything”.

We will have lived here six months this weekend and I will mark my 4th month on my job Friday.  Somehow it seems longer, in a positive view.

I have to admit last year at this time, I could hardly have forecast what would happen in the year ahead, and probably I will be surprised to look back a year from now and see what happened in the previous year.

I’m still not sure if this is “all for the best”, but we are going with the flow and assuming it is, since it is s the way it is anyway.

Supposed to be “ice” New Year Day, and possibly New Year Eve and Saturday.  As usual, ice is worse than snow as far as damage and creating driving problems.  I’ll take snow anyday. 

While I really like “spell check”, it seems like the “spell check” etc. are starting to go too far.  Recently I have noted that it is changing entire words and even parts os sentences and it is not as good as it thinks it is when it changes the wording and it just sounds like nonsense.  

I am spending more time re-reading what I write to make sure spell check (or grammar check ow whatever they call it) didn’t change something I wrote to make an entirely different meanings!

I try to weigh myself every Monday, and the holidays are showing up on the scales, which is a good reason to force myself to weigh myself! 

Actually, it’s not too bad, but it does provide a strong warning that it is time to cut back and not each that extra piece of fudge or whatever!  


That’s it for today, Monday, December 29, 2014.

No comments: