Monday, December 22, 2014

Winter 2i014 December 22 Monday (Trails through the Woods)



49 degrees this morning 57 minutes walking three earthquakes

I remember a picture we had when I was a child of a road (or rather perhaps a wide trail) going through the woods.

I remember looking a the picture a lot and wondering where the road went, how you knew when you arrived and what would happen if I could get on the road.

Perhaps that is one reason books about walking into a picture and becoming part of the picture  fascinated me.

I bring this up since I saw a similar picture today and it made me think about it.

Also, I think this time of year makes you think about where you are going, where you have been etc.  

Probably the fact that this year will be 20 years since my Dad passed away (on December 27) made me think on it some.  

I never will know where he got the picture, why we had the picture in the house or what happened to the picture.  

The picture itself doesn’t matter too much anyway, it is the thought and concept that t intrigued me and probably have intrigued me all my life.

I remember going to look at a town where my Dad was considering a job.  There was a big hill to the west of the city and I always wondered what was over the hill.  I never found out and never will.

I think that is one reason I always liked getting the mail, why I love e-mail and why I really enjoyed my current job (and really liked my career as City Manager).

I always had something happening and something new all the time.  In my current job, I have projects pop on the computer and there is nothing I like better than to have some new projects pop up! 

As soon as I see a new project pop up, I can’t wait to look at it and see what it is!

Yesterday (and apparently today) is going to be one of those days were the cold just seems to get into your bones.  

Office day today (catch up on Friday, get ready for Tuesday), a field day Tuesday and then I”m off for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Not sure what I will be doing Friday probably in the office since it will be too hectic to be in the field and I have a lot of office stuff to catch up on.

I have been looking into apps that sync with Evernote.  It has been fascinating to see how everything can interrelate.  Probably I will be saving too much stuff.

As I mentioned the other day, I found that Next Issue (magazines) can copy an article to Evernote for future reference and now I have found a journal app that will automatically save short notes into a journal by day and (I think) place.

Trying hard not to gain weight during this season!  So far i have gained one pound, and I will have gained one pound.  Main thing is that I am aware of it and take action to lose it!  

That’s it for now, Monday, December 22, 2014





No comments: