Thursday, December 18, 2014

Fall 2014 December 18 Thursday



38 degrees this morning 57:45 minute walk,  five earthquakes

Cool, rainy weather yesterday.  Rain throughout day.  Temperature wasn’t too bad but a chill cold.  

Spent the day “in the field”, which I enjoy, although I also enjoy being in my office.  

I am glad i like both sides of the job duties! 

One of the characters in the book I am listening while I walk said that “children are like revolutions, easy to create but impossible to control”.    I may not have it exactly right, but that is the general concept.

The book is one of the “historical fiction” books (Fall of Giants) that is currently in the WWI era, with WWI about to end.  

I remember when John Jakes first game out with his historical fiction of the United States, I would get so angry at what he did with some of his characters, I would quit reading the book for awhile!  Of course I eventually went back and finished.

Thinking about possessions again and continuing to weed items.  

I have found if I can refocus my thinking, it makes cutting down on “stuff” easier.  

For example, the suggestion that I can literally find any song I have without dealing with bunch of old cassette tapes, helped me get rid of almost 200 cassette tapes thatI had carted around for 20 years. 

 Ditto with books, although I still have too many books, and, again, I can literally get a book in seconds. 

Books may be a little different in that I like to hold them and look at them.

I have started on  taking pictures of my hats and old t-shirts.  At least I can get rid of the ones I never wear or can’t  wear!  

I think my cars are probably going to stick around, even while I am taking pictures of them.  Some things I’ll just keep!

Exactly one week from Christmas!  

As I have mentioned before this will be the first time in 14 years (since 2000) that we have spent a Christmas while at “home”.  

It’s not necessarily good or bad, we are still celebrating Christmas with the same people (with a few welcome additions!), which is the important thing.

This will be an unusual Christmas also, in that this will be the first Christmas holidays that I haven’t been off for at least five days.  

This year I am “off” Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and that is it.  Of course, I am fine with that, it just will seem weird to be off two days, work one day and then off two days!


That’s it for now, Thursday, December 17, 2014.

No comments: