Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fall 2014 December 16 Tuesday



33 degrees this morning. 56:01 minutes walking,   nine earthquakes

I realized I wasn’t getting a variety of Christmas music listening to one station, so I decided to mix it up a little bit. I am checking different stations since the one I was listening to seemed to be repeating a lot.

I haven’t even had a chance to sing along with “O Holy Night”.  I can assure you it is an epic performance!   Just ask, Aliene, Angela, Kali or Katherine!  They have all heard me sign along with O Holy Night.

My favorite rendition of O Holy Night, is John Barry who does just an outstanding version of it.  It is especially good in the video.

I like something about his signing voice, I have a number of his songs.  

It is amazing to think that not too long ago, the only way of passing on songs and performances was to pass them on the the next generation.

Now, I can listen to a performance that is 100 years old and hear the exact same performance as the persons who first heard it !  That a is truly amazing.

Not only that but literally any performance can be recorded and shown world wide in seconds or even shown live world wide!

I would really (I think) like to hear some of the famous performances, especially some of the great speeches, although perhaps the reason they are so great is that on one can really hear the exact speech and it may be speeches get better fast they remember them!

it would be fun to hear eh exact reaction of the crowd to the Gettysburg Address etc. 

Perhaps watch the actual battles, if news reporters were “embedded  with                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              both sides of the war, as we watched the actual Pickets Charge, etc..  

I wonder if the brutality and reality of war would have made a difference in the great wars of the past?  Certainly some of the Civil War battles may have had a different result if they were shown live world wide!

60 degrees last weekend, now 33 degrees.  It doesn’t seem to make a huge difference when I walk.  

I recently read that many people are wearing shorts all of the time, regardless of the temperature, since they figure they are only going from the car to the store or whatever, so they aren’t in the cold that much.

That only works if you aren’t out in the cold too long!

There is a major difference in cold.  Aliene and I were in Washington DC several years ago and it was in the midi-twenties (maybe high teens) and it was COLD!!! A lot colder than Memphis at the same temperature if that makes any sense.

A day in the office today, catching up on paperwork from yesterday and getting ready for tomorrow!


That’s it for today, Tuesday, December 16, 2014.    

No comments: