Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Winter 2014 December 31 Wednesday



17  degrees this morning (Brr as Siri would say!), 2 degrees windchill; no walk, 2 Earthquakes

Cold out here the last day of 2014!  

The 17 degrees didn’t bother me too much as far as a walk, the wind did!  I decided to skip the walk, it probably is good to skip a day anyway and it has been about three months since I skipped a day.

It sounds like tomorrow may have ice, which isn’t a great way to start off a new year!

Overall, cold doesn’t bother me that much when I walk, I just bundle up for it.  My hands are the weak spot as any gloves that are warm enough also limit my ability to handle things.  (I have a headlamp I wear on my head, but I also have a small flashlight and I also carry a walking stick.)

The Holidays have come and gone fast.  I think catch myself thinking “when Christmas gets here”, and realize New Year Day is almost here and Christmas is past.

I think the difference is it has been such a different holiday season from the past, in that in the past we always traveled to OKC, this year we were at “home”  and no need to travel.  

Looking forward to 2015 (I think).  It would be hard to imagine a more varied year than 2014 and maybe what I would like in 2015 is some more “same old, same old”!

Had a Braum’s strawberry shake for supper last night.  I really don’t know how Braum’s does it, their food is simply better than the competition.  Especially on the strawberry shakes!

I decided years ago I don’t make New Year Resolutions as such.  I normally have some kind of goals plan anyway with priorities.  

I do try to use the New Year to analyze where I am as to where I want to be. I think my use of time is always a consideration.

The other day I was  asked (at Toastmasters “Table Topics”) what gift I would want for Christmas if I could have anything I wanted, and my answer was more “Time”.

I didn’t really mean time “lived” or anything like that, I just meant more time in a day to get things done I want done.

I think cellphones are wonderful in that they enable you to “buy time” in a sense.  Also, audiobooks allow you to “buy time”, in the sense that I can listen to an audiobook while I drive or walk etc.

If I and a lottery or otherwise somehow got a lot o month, I probably wouldn’t change too much, but I would hire  a driver! 

I always hate to think of the time I waste driving that I could be reading or doing something else.

Of course, my sleeping habits are part of my  desire to use time more effectively.  While I understand that getting enough sleep is not necessarily healthy, I do try to allow time for naps etc.

I also believe that sometimes “whatever works” is the best alternative.  If my sleeping habits work for me, it is probably right for me, although I do need to remember to take adequate naps during the day. 

At a minimum, I need my 30 minute nap after my exercise (or at the same time if I don’t exercise) and steal 10-15 minutes naps during the day., usually one at the end of the work day and sometime during the day.  I almost never take the full nap time, but that is the time I budget.

That’s it for now, Wednesday, December 31, 2014


I wish all who read this a rewarding New York and I wish you the ability, patience and resources to handle the challenges of the coming year.

No comments: