Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Fall 2014 December 17 Wednesday



38 Degrees this morning.  56:56  minutes walking, six earthquakes

I am about to quit monitoring the number of earthquakes.  It is really depressing!

The other morning, I had one of those moments of pure karma.  A pickup came speeding past me on the interstate, cutting off people etc.

About 30 seconds later, a police car with red lights flashing came speeding by and a little later I saw the police car had stopped the pickup!

I wanted to give a horse laugh to the pickup, but I maintained myself and didn’t show any reaction!

One activity I really enjoy is my short naps during the day.  It really rejuvenates  me.  

I don’t take a long nap, basically a 1/2  hour nap in the morning before I go to work (after I walk and take my shower) and then I take the 1/2 hour nap.  

During my nap I normally listen to music, the past several months I have been listening to a wonderful violin album “Vanessa-Mai playing the Original Four Seasons and the Devils Trill Sonata”  

It is a wonderful album.

By the way it is Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, which is one of my favorite ring=tones, depending on the season.

After that, i take two or three naps ranging anywhere from a few minutes to 15 minutes.  Somehow it just restarts my day..

For some reasons, during my naps, my dreams are very intense.  I always set an alarm, but I normally wake up before the alarm.

Anyway, it makes for a break in my day, i have always liked short naps, ever since I was in college.

While I am driving, a short nap is absolutely necessary.  When I get sleepy, a short (usually less than five minute nap) will keep me from feeling sleepy and it provides a break.

I have resigned myself to getting the newspaper “late”.  Since I don’t have to “commute” to work, I skim the “late” paper, but it isn’t really as signifiant or enjoyable as it used to be.  Of course, the local newspaper isn’t as good as the Memphis Commerical Appeal and I miss the “paper” New York Times.

One week from Christmas today.  I feel like it really isn’t Christmas yet for some reason.  (I certainly don’t need a White Christmas).   

On the other hand, I don’t know what makes it “feel” like Christmas, other than the obvious.  

Spent an “office day” yesterday, kind of moping up different things, catching up on items i had put off or were a lower priority.  

I have actually completed a lot of the field work and have to do some office items.  There is a lot of followup, trying to verify things etc. waiting to see if people will keep their promises etc. 

Seeing gas for as low as $1.86 per gallon is rather strange.  However, I know that there will be some sort of crisis to increase gas prices and it won’t keep up.  

That’s it for now, Wednesday, December 17, 2014






No comments: