Monday, December 15, 2014

Fall 2014 December 15 Monday



19 degrees this morning, 42:42 minutes walk, eight earthquakes

Quite a day yesterday, tornados and hail on December 14!  Such is the weather around here.  It isn’t unusual to have warm weather in December, but I think tornados are a little unusual, but then who knows? 

When there are numerous earthquakes around here, I guess anything can happen.  

Cold this morning, in spite of relatively warm temperature of 49 degrees.  There was a cold wind.

The book “The Goldfinch” took quite a turn yesterday that surprised Aliene and I.  Neither of us saw it coming!  Again, we won’t spoil it for anyone, but prepare to be surprised!

I am getting backed up with “audio books”.  Since we don’t drive long distances anymore, it is difficult to get time to listen to them.  We basically listen anytime we drive someplace.   

I have tried listening to them while just in the house, but it is hard to maintain my concentration.  I keep wanting to do something else and it is hard to listen and do something else.  Except maybe take notes on what I am hearing.

I enjoy listening on my morning walk, but I don’t listen to them while I am driving by myself.  I possibly would if I was on a long drive by myself.  

More candy being made today.  Means more bowls and spoons to lick!

Advanced my knowledge of Evernote some more today.  Still have a lot to learn on it.

Plan on having a “field day” today for work, assuming the weather is ok.  

I have a lot I can do in the office also, but I’d like to get some field work completed.  

My head cold is almost over, it kind of resolved into a nagging cough and occasional congestion, but it is something I can live with. 

At least for a few more days.

I am thinking of reviewing my notes/posts since I begin this.  I actually started it 3/15/05 and started on a daily basis since 6/13/13 in roughly the same format.  

Probably won’t, but it is always a thought.  I think I have posted something every day except while I was in China, when I actually kept one and sent out to interested persons (I hope) while I was in China.  I posted them when I got back.

Somehow the weekend just zipped by, I can’t believe it is already Monday morning.   

Scheduled to be “Toastmaster” tonight at Toastmasters.  Not my favorite when I have a cold, but if my voice holds up, I always enjoy it. 


That’s it for now, Monday, December 15, 2014.  

No comments: