Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Fall 2013 December 2 Tuesday



28 degrees this morning.  No time on walk, watch apparently hit my sleeve and stopped, four earthquakes.  

No wind this morning, so nice walk

Back to work today after the four day weekend.  Busy, interesting day as I prepare for the week ahead.  

Both the “office days” and “field days” are interesting and varied, which is what I really like about this job.

I found that I tend to plan too much for the Field Day, in that I underestimate how much time the field activities will take. 

I expect as time goes on, I expect I will learn  to estimate better, but I would rather have too much planned, than too little.  

Today (December 2) marks my 3 month “anniversary” exactly and 5 months that we have lived here.  Somehow, (and I don’t mean this in a negative way), it seems like it is much longer.  

I”m not sure why it is.  I remember when I moved to Lakeland, for awhile it seemed like a dream and then life there assumed a life of it’s own.  

I think the fact we are leasing a house lends an air of temporary  to our life, which can be somewhat unsettling.  While there is always a good chance we will keep leasing the house, there is always the chance they will substantially increase the rent etc.  

I really dread having to move again, even a local move.  

We (Aliene and I) took Kali out to dinner for her birthday tonight.  We really enjoyed talking with her, it is fun to talk with her and get her ideas and thoughts.   

It must be fun to be 15 and have all of the options open to you, but also somewhat scary.  I am glad to be where I am.  

I enjoyed getting the perspective of the children and grandchildren.  

I am slowly becoming weaned off of my daily “physical” newspapers.  They arrive so late I rarely get a chance to read them.  

I could just wait until the following day, but it wouldn’t be the same.  

Unfortunately, to make matters worse, the USA Today on-line coverage has gotten a lot worse as the editors apparently pursue pushing their own agenda. 

Also, I am tired to having to avoid videos.  I just don’t have time to watch videos of news events and don’t know how people have the time to watch them.  Apparently someone does or they wouldn’t take the time to prepare them (I think, maybe not, maybe they just do it to satisfy themselves.)

As I mentioned recently, I am starting to use “Flipboard” more and more, as I can get a variety of information.   

Even though the newspapers are supposed to be delivered by 6:00 a.m., they normally aren’t delivered until closer to 7:00 a.m.,  6:00 a.m., is already too late to really read it, so I am getting closer and closer to canceling all my newspapers.  

I have my three month evaluation today, so that will be interesting.

That’s it for now, Tuesday, December 2, 2014


No comments: