Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Fall 2014 December 10 Wednesday



37 degrees this morning.44:17 minutes walking. 13 Earthquakes!

Intensive office day Monday and intensive field day Tuesday.  I enjoyed it, and will enjoy it ever more when I learn more about my job! 

 I really enjoy both the office day and the field day dealing with people.  

My “cold” gets better and worse, but it hasn’t gone away, which is what I would prefer. 

However, this morning it is much better and I took a short walk to  see how it felt.  It is ok, so far.  However, my “cold” seems to come and go, so I’ll see as the day goes on.

I need to get my blood test and I want to get it while everything is “normal” so I have to get back to walking before I do it, plus get the cold over with. Also, I try to avoid doing it while I have abnormal eating patterns (due to the holiday, travel etc.)

I miss my morning walk.  While I always welcome the “extra time” when I have to miss my walk, it is my “thinking time” and it just isn’t the same when I don’t have my “thinking time” while walking , especially for a longer period of time, like currently.

The Doctor suggested I get a better (or rather “structured”) shoe.  I’ll see if that makes any difference.  

Hopefully it will help my “toe arthritis”.

I like my current shoes, but they may be too light for my feet and walk.

It really is starting to seem a lot like Christmas.  Aliene has decorated the house in a Christmas/Holiday theme and is making more fudge this weekend.  

Also, there is Christmas music on the radio etc., which I always welcome.  

Also, it seems like people’s attitudes change (for the better).

Actually only two more weekends before Christmas.  It is hard to believe time has gone so fast.  

I still really like my car.  I guess I am learning how to drive it in a fuel efficient manner  because the gas mileage is getting better.  I have gone from averaging about 36.5 mpg to 39 mpg, at least based on the car calculations,  Of course it could mean I am taking longer trips and fewer short trips.

One thing I really like about the car, instead of discovering things I don’t like about it, which normally seems to happen, I discover new things I DO like about it almost  every day.  That is fun!

I saw gas at one “7-11” today for $2.07 per gal, and was surprised to see a 7-11 one mile away (on the same corner and on the corner and gas was $2.17 at that 7-11.  I guess they figure no one would drive a  mile to save .10 per gallon!

I am glad I am feeling better.  It makes life so much nicer!

Aliene went to pick up her new eye glasses  We were disappointed that they were right, and they are going to have to make corrections on them.  Hopefully it won’t turn into a “blame game” between the eye doctor and the eye glass place.  Since state law doesn’t allow Sams or Walmart etc. to sell eyeglasses, choices are much more limited.  

That’s it for now, Wednesday, December 10, 2014
                           


No comments: