Monday, December 01, 2014

Fall 2014 December 1 Monday (Cold, Sleeping, Wind, Harold the Owl, Time)



26 degrees this morning. (8 degrees wind chill)) 57:23  minute walk  three Earthquakes

Lask month of 2014 begins!  

Overall good Thanksgiving Holiday.  Nice visiting and lots of good food.  Got a few things done I’ve been trying to get done and had time to do some light reading also.  (Also, as of Monday morning, I had only gained one pound since two weeks ago, which is good!)

Maybe I am getting used ot having some flexible time I can use to read again.  I guess a semi-retirement of working 40 hours per week!  

Actually, we did do some work in my home office, kind of make it more conducive to organized work.  Aliene working on getting Christmas cards out and Christmas decorations.

I am consciously trying to take more naps during the day after reading that sleeping less than six hours per week may be harmful to  your health.  (I sleep about 4 1/2 hours, and then wake up on my own.  However, I take at least one nap of 30 minutes and usually several 10-15 minute naps, so I am close. 

I figure everyone is different anyway, but I do feel a lot better if I have several short naps during the day. 

I like breaking up the day like that, having some “down time” during the day.  Even just closing my eyes for several minutes can help.

The wind finally quit blowing early yesterday (Sunday) morning.  When I walked, it was blowing about 29 miles per hour, but by the time we went to breakfast it had stopped.  However, this morning it was up again, creating a wind chill of 8 degrees.

Amazingly enough, “Harold the Owl” survived the wind, snd continues his watch sentry post at the back porch, keeping away any birds who might want to start a nest in our security light on the back porch.

I am making an intensive effort at learning and using “Evernote”.  I apparently am one of many who feel that somehow they aren’t using Evernote to the fullest capacity.  

Somehow I just know I should be using it better.

That is probably like Twitter, you read about people (or see some) who tweet 50 tweets and day and you have to wonder, how in the world do they have time? (And how does someone really have time to “follow” someone like that and read all their tweets?   Maybe they have “ghost tweets”.  

Kind of like reading about the books David Baldacci reads (not just him, any busy person), how in the world does he write one or two books a year and also have time to read so many books?  

Probably has a lot of assistants, or just manages their time a lot better than I do.  

Although I don’t like the cold this time of year, I really do like the music and decorations of the season!   My walk is a lot more entertaining in the morning with all of the decorations out and I like hearing   holiday music.

We finally took a load of clothing that I had “under grown” to donate.  (This was clothes I can no longer wear since I lost weight.) 

I think we have generally decided that I will keep my eating patterns and not get that big again!  I actually hope to lose about another 15 lbs, but I’ll also be happy if I just don’t gain anything.  

We are hoping they will be used to help someone who needs them and not just sold.

I still need to decide on which heavy coats I am keeping, that is actually something that could help someone who needs it as cold weather comes.

I definitely have enough clothes to last for years.  

Another week starting and I am ready to go to work.  Probably will have an office day today and a field day tomorrow and Wednesday.  


That’s it for now, Monday, December 1, 2014, the last month of 2014.

No comments: