Monday, December 08, 2014

Fall 2014 December 8 Monday


47 degrees this morning No walk (head cold, didn’t want it to get any worse)

Overall, good trip back yesterday.  Went through Atlanta again, but no problems (except no soap or water in the restrooms again in Atlanta airport.)

Started getting a  head cold as the day went on.  I used my home remedy of Gatorade and Sudafed .

While I can understand why they restrict Sudafed due to it’s possible misuse,  I always feel slightly like a criminal when I buy it, especially since I buy the biggest possible box so I won’t need to go back very soon!  

I don’t know if it helped that much since my cold was getting worse as the day went on.

At least Monday is an “office day”, so I won’t take the chance of giving ti to anyone else.  Hopefully is it not a “7 day” cold, but something shorter.

However, this morning is does feel better (actually feels better even since I got up), so hopefully that is a good sign.

I usually weigh myself on Monday morning, and it was an unpleasant surprise after the weekend and then a night of guzzling Gatorade!  

In regard to our visiting with friends in Memphis, one of our friends perhaps said it best when I mention that time and distance seem to disappear when we are with our Memphis friends.  She said “we were like family” and I think that describes it pretty well, we just naturally enjoy ourselves regardless of how long it has been.

Aliene’s Grandson, Keith, had his 30th birthday party today!  Again, time  goes so fast when you look at children.  He was about 12 years old when Aliene and I got married!  

Soon it will be  December 21 and “Winter” and the only good thing about that is that each day is a day towards Spring and Summer, plus the days start to get longer again.  

Winter is the start of longer days, just as Summer is the start of shorter days!  The cycle continues.

The weather seems very cold both here and in Memphis.  I think it is the dampness in the air that makes it seem so much colder.

Busy week ahead, but will be interesting.

We like to copy “Jeopardy” and watch it when we can.  They had “kids week” last week.  I enjoy trying to get the right “question”.  Kids week questions aren’t always that much easier than the regular “answers’, but it is always fun to try.  

I am always surprised that I frequently know about tv shows and movies that I have never watched, just picked up from comments somewhere. Ditto with movies. I don’t get that many right, but it is fun trying.  

Joined “Uber” last night after my experience waiting in the cold for shuttles.  While I don’t know the next time I will be going to the airport or needing a ride, at least I will be prepared!

That’s it for now, Monday, December 8, 2014.








No comments: