Sunday, December 14, 2014

Summer 2013 June 24

I always hoped I would avoid the rigid behavior and inflexibility and inability to change that may (or may not) come with getting older.  The one place I really see "habit" becoming ingrained is my morning routine.  I can change almost anything, but I really dislike it when my morning routine is intruded upon (while I am home, while traveling it doesn't bother me.)

That is one thing I hate about early morning meetings, when I have to leave home earlier than normal.  It compresses my regular morning schedule which means I have to miss doing something or hurry it up!

It sounds strange that I get up at 3 a.m. and don't like early meetings, but I have a routine I follow, which I enjoy.  I get up at 3 a.m. walk (while listening to a book normally a non-fiction book-I just finished one on the Panama Canal construction and am now listening to "Steve Jobs"), ride my bike to the gym, ride the stationary bike while I read my newspapers, cycle back home, shower, shave etc., take a 27 minute nap, and then handle e-mail, memos etc. (the time I can really get some work done without interruptions!), then eat and head out.

This morning I have to leave about 50 minutes earlier than normal which messes up my schedule!

Monday, the work week lies ahead.  Summer is speeding by, July 4 is next week.


No comments: