Friday, December 26, 2014

Winter 2014 December 26 Friday



50 degrees this morning.  57.23 minutes walking. two earthquakes

Really nice Christmas Eve and Christmas.  Aliene and I had Christmas Dinner at a downtown hotel restaurant which offered a special Christmas Dinner (actually lunch).  

The meal today was unique, not necessarily something we would order all the time, but something special.

It was nice, plus the guitar player lunch player was one I had heard 20 years ago and even have some CD’s of.  He is good.

Otherwise we ate leftovers and food we received as gifts.  

Watched two movies “I’t’s a Wonderful Life” and “A Christmas Story”.

Oddly enough I realized I had never watched “It’s a Wonderful Life”.  I really enjoyed it (I suspended reality), but was a little concerned that the main character needed some anger management therapy.  Even with the troubles he was having, his actions seemed a little extreme, although perhaps that was just for emphasis.

I have probably been watching “A Christmas Story”, or at least parts of it, for 20 years every Christmas.  It is one of those movies that you enjoy the anticipation even though you know everything that happens.  The acting is just super.

We actually saw the house where it was filmed (in Cleveland) and met the actor who played Ralphie’s younger brother.

Wind was up yesterday, it is the type that can grab the car door out of your hands etc.   

The wind was still blowing this morning.  I never know how to dress when the wind is blowing so hard, it can make it so much colder when I walk where the wind is so strong.

Now, since Christmas is over,  we have the endure the mindless and numerous “year in review” stories from the news media.  Some are ok, but….

Started reading a Stephen King novel, one of the first I have read in several years.  So far, it has been interesting and good.  I control how much time I spend reading, so I get it read, but done’ spend too much time reading it at one time.

The two day Christmas break was really nice.  I really enjoyed the family gatherings as well as just the opportunity to relax and watch a movie and read.

Today will seem a weird day, since it is a Monday and Friday rolled into one day!  

I haven’t decided what to do today, probably need to make it a field day, at least partly.  Well research to see what, if any, new accounts I have.  

Even though “winter weather’ doesn’t normally start here until late December (i.e. heavy snow etc.), it still means we are on the down side and heading up towards Spring and Summer as the days get longer.  


That’s it for now, Friday, December 26, 2014.

No comments: