Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Fall 2014 December 24 Wednesday




36 degrees this morning. 57:18  minutes walking, three earthquakes

A light (very light) snow sprinkled me this morning as I ended by walk.  Apparently it will not get any worse.  

I looked at the weather and there is some light clouds coming over, but no forecast of rain or snow.

Christmas Eve today.  I am glad we have both Christmas Eve and Christmas off.  

We generally have our family gathering on Christmas Eve and spend Christmas quietly, usually going out to eat Christmas Lunch.  

Amazing that Christmas will be here and gone before I even realize it.  

As I mentioned previously, I like it that we leave up our Christmas decorations a little past New Year Day so we can enjoy them longer.

Christmas Eve has evolved to be our primary celebration with family.  

As I have mentioned before, this will be the first time since 2000 that we have been at “home” home for Christmas.  I don’t recall us ever not being at “home” on New Year Day.

I got  a lab test the other day, the hospital sets you up a web page and you can check your results on the web site.  

I also can keep all of my prescriptions etc. on the web site, as well as appointments etc. and I can even e-mail the Doctor and request prescription refills etc.

Anyway, the results that are back so far are all good, or at least “within limits” which is always a relief.  

So far, we have been pleased with all of our new Doctors, it is difficult to change.

Office Day today.  I caught up on filing and research, and just getting familiar with more of the procedures etc.  

Although a primary part of the job I really like is that there is something new every day, it also means I have to learn something new every day and never assume I know the answer! 

I decided I was going to try to read more “for pleasure” , but I keep finding a lot of it is “same old, same old”.  Doesn’t mean it is bad, just I don’t feel like it is new and adding something to my life.

Obviously doesn’t apply  to all fiction and doesn’t apply to all authors and may even differ in each book.  

It also may depend on my frame of mind at the time also.  
I realized yesterday that between Siri and being able to “dictate” what I am saying on my phone, a substantial change has evolved and probably 75% of my interaction with my phone is verbal and not typed in. 

I’m not sure if there is a change or not, but it seems like the “spell check” has gotten a lot more aggressive, frequently changing phrases even to something I don’t mean at all or that doesn’t make any sense.

(Not that everything I say makes sense, but….)

Anyway, I am finding I have to really read my messages before I send them.  Still better than to have to type everything out.


That’s it for now, Wednesday, December 24, 2014.  

No comments: