Sunday, May 31, 2015

Spring 2015 May 31 Sunday


57  degrees this morning, 45:10 minutes walking

I am amazed that the cold weather continues.  I checked last year on this date at this time and it was 72 degrees!  I’m glad I didn’t pack my cold weather exercise wear!

Moving continues.  We are close to moving a large percentage of what we can move, with the final to be next week when a moving company will move what we haven’t moved (primarily furniture etc.) We enjoyed this house, but didn’t really enjoy renting  

Yesterday seemed closer to Summer finally, but there was this cold wind blowing that changed the mood of the day.

I was pleased that the City apparently responded to my input and got the developers and builders to clean up the worst of the dirt on the street etc.  Supposedly they issued violation letters and they did clean up the streets and take the dirt stored on the street off!  I am amazed that the builders and developers care so little that they would allow it to happen in the first place.

They still have to repair and install their silt fence and drainage control, but at least it is a start.

Had a real scare, possibly one of the worst things that can happen, I called to transfer our Internet etc. and the agent had a hard time showing  cable/internet service available at our new house.

I had visions of life without internet (short  term is ok, I can just go to McDonalds or Starbucks for Internet connection).  It would have created real problems.  
The Cable provider here provides much faster internet speeds than the Uverse does.  When we were in Lakeland, we kept waiting for Uverse, because Comcast was such a horrible company.  Here we had access to Uverse, but didn’t get it because the cable company was so much better and our horrible experience with ATT when we left Lakeland.

ATT actually shut off my home phone without my permission before we moved out (yes I always pay my bill on time!).  I could never get it turned on again, so I decided I was done with ATT.  (Actually I do have ATT wireless, but wouldn’t even consider have ATT for my home again.)

If cable service simply weren’t available, I would get Uverse, except Uverse isn’t available to the area we are moving to yet. 

Long term living without internet would just be unacceptable.  Since my office is at home an includes a lot of  working with in internet connection , I would  have been dead in the water without an internet connection.

Actually, the work computer  can technically connect by air card to “3G”, but it is virtually worthless.

Anyway, there is an internet connection and it will be hooked up one day after we move in, thank goodness.  Our current house has some “dead spots” (well, low signal anyway) and I want to avoid that in our new house.

Listening to the book, I started thinking of the computers I have owned..  My very first computer was a    Commodore “Vic 20” followed by a “Commodore 64”.  I also bought one of the first laptops, a Radio Shack.  Unfortunately, I never did take to programming, so I am not rich and/or famous:)

My first actual PC, I bought on Veterans Day,( I bought   without a hard drive)!  I had a lot of fun with it and throughly  enjoyed using it.  I bought a 10 mg hard drive a short time later.  

I upgraded as the years went buy, when, in 2006, I bought my first Apple Computer, a Mac G5.  A series of Apple computers followed after that to my current Macbook Air.  

Actually I can’t even imagine being without an internet connection now (actually I can and I don’t like it).  It is almost as important as electricity!


That’s it for now, Sunday, May 31, 2015.day

57  degrees this morning, 45:10 minutes walking

I am amazed that the cold weather continues.  I checked last year on this date at this time and it was 72 degrees!  I’m glad I didn’t pack my cold weather exercise wear!

Moving continues.  We are close to moving a large percentage of what we can move, with the final to be next week when a moving company will move what we haven’t moved (primarily furniture etc.) We enjoyed this house, but didn’t really enjoy renting  

Yesterday seemed closer to Summer finally, but there was this cold wind blowing that changed the mood of the day.

I was pleased that the City apparently responded to my input and got the developers and builders to clean up the worst of the dirt on the street etc.  Supposedly they issued violation letters and they did clean up the streets and take the dirt stored on the street off!  I am amazed that the builders and developers care so little that they would allow it to happen in the first place.

They still have to repair and install their silt fence and drainage control, but at least it is a start.

Had a real scare, possibly one of the worst things that can happen, I called to transfer our Internet etc. and the agent had a hard time showing  cable/internet service available at our new house.

I had visions of life without internet (short  term is ok, I can just go to McDonalds or Starbucks for Internet connection).  It would have created real problems. 
The Cable provider here provides much faster internet speeds than the Uverse does.  When we were in Lakeland, we kept waiting for Uverse, because Comcast was such a horrible company.  Here we had access to Uverse, but didn’t get it because the cable company was so much better and our horrible experience with ATT when we left Lakeland.

ATT actually shut off my home phone without my permission before we moved out (yes I always pay my bill on time!).  I could never get it turned on again, so I decided I was done with ATT.  (Actually I do have ATT wireless, but wouldn’t even consider have ATT for my home again.)

If cable service simply weren’t available, I would get Uverse, except Uverse isn’t available to the area we are moving to yet. 

Long term living without internet would just be unacceptable.  Since my office is at home an includes a lot of  working with in internet connection , I would  have been dead in the water without an internet connection.

Actually, the work computer  can technically connect by air card to “3G”, but it is virtually worthless.

Anyway, there is an internet connection and it will be hooked up one day after we move in, thank goodness.  Our current house has some “dead spots” (well, low signal anyway) and I want to avoid that in our new house.

Listening to the book, I started thinking of the computers I have owned..  My very first computer was a    Commodore “Vic 20” followed by a “Commodore 64”.  I also bought one of the first laptops, a Radio Shack.  Unfortunately, I never did take to programming, so I am not rich and/or famous:)

My first actual PC, I bought on Veterans Day,( I bought   without a hard drive)!  I had a lot of fun with it and throughly  enjoyed using it.  I bought a 10 mg hard drive a short time later.  

I upgraded as the years went buy, when, in 2006, I bought my first Apple Computer, a Mac G5.  A series of Apple computers followed after that to my current Macbook Air.  

Actually I can’t even imagine being without an internet connection now (actually I can and I don’t like it).  It is almost as important as electricity!


That’s it for now, Sunday, May 31, 2015.

No comments: