Saturday, May 23, 2015

Spring 2015 May 23 Saturday (Organizing, T-Shirts & Hats, Summer)


59 degrees this morning. 46:31 minute walk

It hardly feels like Spring out there and definitely not Summer!  I thought at least Spring weather was finally here for good, but….

Currently they are forecasting rain throughout the weekend. 

I wanted more work and I have it!  Due to a colleague resigning, I am covering  that area.  It has really been interesting and it definitely makes the day go fast!  

The new accounts are really interesting because they involve some areas I haven’t worked before and a different type of business person.  I never  realized the variety before both in businesses and the type of persons who are involved in businesses.

I am going to have to find the time to read (or at least use as a reference) by Marie Kondo, “The life-changing magic of tidying up” (the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing”.  A friend recommended it an the sections she has mentioned make sense!

I mentioned several weeks ago about how much easier it is to “select” something to save and not “select something” to throw away.  In a way (based on the section I readI) has the same concept except she describes it as (this is an interpretation) “if it gives you joy, keep it”.  

Something I haven’t looked at or used for 13, or in some cases, almost 27 years (or more) isn't really worth hauling around. with some minor exceptions for personal mementos.

I decided I need to select the top 100 t shirts and hats and give away the rest, after taking pictures of the “event” items or any item that brings back memories.  

What I find myself doing is wearing the ones I DON”T like, hoping to wear them out, which means I would never wear the ones I do like!  Actually, usually what happens is I wear the ones I really really like in public and wear the ones I wouldn’t wear in public around the house and the other than the top ten and bottom ten, they never get worn.  

Actually the hats do tend to wear out faster than the t-shirts.  The t-shirts seems to be made of iron, I have had maybe two or three t-shirts rip or tear or get holes.

I actually originally started collecting t-shirts and hats with the idea that I would wear them for exercise.  Then “smart” shirts came out, that wicked out moisture etc., and so much for wearing t-shirts for exercise!  

The “smart” shirts feel so much better, even if you just slightly sweat that I never wear regular t-shirts for any time of exercise that I sweat at all.

My major problem with t-shirts, hats etc. is that it is true that “someday’” I may well use them.

I am finding the true meaning of the concept that “possessions can own me”, instead of “me owning possessions”  

School is out here.  I can remember when I was out for “summer” and usually after a brief period, I couldn’t wait to get back to school.  I usually read my text books over the summer for the net school year, or at least on the subject.

When in college, I went to Denver and worked in a Samsonite factory.  It certainly make a difference in my life, as I experiences factory work, a wide variety of  people, places and experiences.                i


That’s it for now, Saturday, May 23, 2015

No comments: