Saturday, May 16, 2015

Spring 2015 May 16 Saturday ("A Year Ago...", New House!)


69 degrees this morning, 44:36 minutes walk Believe or not, more rain coming in.

My app “HeyDay” informed me that “one year ago you took 277 pictures in Shanghai! “  And that was just my iPhone!  

I knew we were about to head back, so I guess I was trying to retain all the memories!  

Of course, a lot of memories couldn’t be retained by pictures.   However, when I look at the pictures, or look at my journal, it brings back a flood of memories.  

By this time a year ago we were back in Shanghai and still finding a lot of interesting experiences.

Probably as interesting as anything was the fact the “government” came in and took over 3 floors of the hotel (including the one we were scheduled for).  We found out the President of China and many of the Asian countries etc. were coming for a meeting the following Wednesday.  

Downtown Shanghai was literally shut down for the meeting.  Seeing the traffic in Shanghai I couldn’t imagine how that could happen! 

Traffic in China was truly chaos.  I really don’t understand how it worked and how so many vehicles could drive so wild without continuous accidents.  The only thing I can figure is that everyone knew everyone else was driving crazy so they expected anything!

I never did figure out when a “honk” meant “get out of my way” or meant “I’m here”.  

I think that is what makes traffic so bad here in this city,  you don’t really expect some of the really arrogant, negligent, stupid and crazy antics of some of the drivers.  So when it happens you aren’t ready for it.  

NEW HOUSE!

The deed is done.  We now own a  house..  We closed  and now own the house.  Probably the most important thing is that we can sit on the patio and see trees and not houses!  Not as nice as out house in Lakeland was, but i am just glad we had eight years to enjoy the house there.  

I guess it proves the point “better to have loved and lost than never loved at all”, except put in “experienced….. (whatever it is)” for “loved”.  

I think the key is moving past, recognizing that you are fortunate to have had the experience and appreciating it but realizing “you can’t go home again”.  (I never  read the book, but I love the title.  I actually have a copy, I need to read it.)

I’ll post some pi pictures  later.  It is one of those things that pictures don’t really do it justice, or at least my pictures don’t.

On the other hand, with my new camera….

Glad the weekend is here, although now every spare moment will involve moving, getting ready to move, or recovering from moving, or thinking or talking about moving.  Maybe not literally, but the moving will dominate the time.

The house we are moving is focused more on “living” (the living, dining room and kitchen take up a lot more space than it does in the house we are in), which means we need to continue disposing of “stuff” including furniture etc.  Not a bad thing, just something we need to do.  

In a way it is good to know that stuff we really haven’t been using will be used by someone who needs it.


That’s it for now, Saturday, May 16, 2015.

No comments: