Monday, May 04, 2015

Spring 2i015 May 4 Monday

64 degrees this morning, 45:14 minute walk

Monday, start of a new week.  I peeked over the weekend and noted I have received my account updates for the first  of the month and so will have plenty to do for awhile, plus I already had a full schedule today.  

I really enjoy opening the account,  reading the situation, developing a strategy and working with the business owner.  (Will, in most cases anyway.  No matter what, it is interesting.)

It is nice to be busy!

Wonderful weather over the weekend, I hope it continues.  

I am getting used to the “late” sunsets here.  It actually was something I really missed in Memphis, even thought the actual hours of sun were of course the same.  

The long lingering sunsets are beautiful and something I really missed in Memphis.  Somehow it doesn’t seem like the morning sunrise is much earlier of course, it would have to be the same number of hours of daylight.

The trees and terrain in Memphis also stopped any long sunsets or sunrises from being seen.

Sometimes I wonder how that affects your life.  While I enjoyed living in Lakeland /Memphis, I did miss the sunsets and I really felt the early sunsets especially in Summer.

I didn’t sit around and thing about it, but it was a major pleasure missing from my life and I felt like it probably affected me, at least in a small degree since one of my pleasures in life was missing.  

If I had lived there all my life, I wonder how that would have changed my thinking.  Personally, I feel it may lead to negative thinking from the additional darkness, but I guess it would only so affect you in that way if  darkness made you depressed.

It could be if you lived here all your life, the darkness, or at least the darkness of the early sunset,  wouldn’t make you depressed.

Same with growing up surrounded by mountains, vs. the wide open plains etc.  Also, perhaps the same with the wind.  

I can understand why the wind drove people crazy and I basically grew up with it.

I can remember as a child  being in a cafe in western Kansas and a lady said something about the sagebrush and desert.  (This was someone coming by on a bus tour of some sort.) I thought, what sagebrush, what desert?!  It all is in your perspective and experience!  
Years later, I understood how she felt. 

I remember when we moved to Memphis, I kept hearing “the MidSouth”.  I remember thinking about that term and how Tennessee was the “MidSouth” and Kentucky really wasn’t the “south” at all, anymore than Chicago is the “west”.             

We are starting to pack and prepare for moving, assuming that everything will go through, not always a reasonable assumption!

This is going to be an interesting day, something always to look forward to.


That’s it for now, Monday, May 4, 2015.

No comments: