Friday, May 08, 2015

Spring 2015 May 8 Friday



59 degrees this morning. walk 45.24 minutes

Heavy rains continued last night and it is only supposed to get worse this weekend.

Finished listening to the book “Age of Ambition, Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China”.  It was a very entertaining and interesting book.

After I finished it, it switched to the book about U.S. Grant.  While I don’t intend to listen to it again, I listened to the beginning as I finished my walk.

Grant is reminiscing about his experience as General and President.  He notes that the good thing about war is there is always a clear conclusion.

I wonder how U.S. Grant would handle the current situation with the sub-insect terrorists etc?  Obviously we’ll never know, but it is interesting to think about what he would have done as President and as a General.

The current situation certainly appears to be different from war in his day, although there were a lot of isolated areas of terrorism etc., I think the technology today makes it a lot different.  

Strange that Grant is never remembered for his strong efforts on behalf of the former slaves and the American Indian.  

Concerning terrorism, I always wonder why when they commit a criminal act of bombing, murder etc. the news media says the “take responsibility”.   They should say they  take the blame.

 It is always fun to select a new book to listen to during my walk.  I haven’t decided yet, am looking at available books.  

Originally planned on a “field day” today, now probably will do an “office” day.  Still need to catch up on the paperwork on my “field day” yesterday and my next field day.  Each field day takes considerable preparation before going out and then a lot of paperwork after I finish.

Most of the dreams I have recorded are from my short naps, especially the one right after I walk.  

Like this morning, when I wake up in the morning, I usually forget the dream by the time I get up and around.  

Latest recorded dream:
Dream 5 7 15

Dreamed I as driving a car, apparently very slowly.  I don’t remember why I was  driving but it was near Harrah High School, and I would drive and children would be talking along the sidewalk.  I don’t know what reason, but I was trying not to be seen or a observed.

I turned a corner (it was a 90 degree corner right in front of the hight schooling football filed).

A big moving truck was blocking the corner and I almost went over the curb trying to stay out of its way.

A police car came up on the scene and I was trying not to look likeI was trying to do a u turn to avoid the police car

A pickup  also was going around the big truck at the same time.

I woke up.

Somehow the dream seemed to start in Missouri, with me thinking I didn’t live in this area (or Memphis) anymore.  Missouri was more of a map than a place, it was like I was trying to stay north of an area (or at least away from it, north on the map.)  That could even relate to the storms last night being on the south!

I have been listening to “new age” music while I nap.  My dreams seemed to feedback to music etc. in the room, so that could be part of it


That’s it for now, Friday, May 7, 2015.

No comments: