Saturday, May 09, 2015

Spring 2015 May 9 Saturday



66 degrees this morning. 45:16 minute walk  (light rain as started, but it stopped, so was able to complete walk)

Storms again last night.  We didn’t get much other than heavy rain, but other areas had “hail snow”, where hail literally covered the ground, clogged the drains etc.  

Of course, a lot of it was in the same area that was most heavily damaged earlier this week.  

Busy day today, catching up on the paperwork from yesterday and preparing for a field day Monday.  Also handled some office type questions from customers.  

Frankly, I enjoy every minute of it.  The busier I am the happier I am.  Of course, I do have the limitation of 40 hours per week, so I have to control myself. 

Nothing makes me happier than to tear into my accounts and see them disappear as they are resolved.  I love to get them resolved and hate the ones that just sit there and that I can’t do anything about!  (For various reasons, here are some cases that just sit there.)

Aliene is still progressing well on her neck surgery.  I believe she only has one week to continue wearing the neck brace.  What is wonderful is she has feeling in her hands again and her headaches are gone.

Starting on a new book today to listen to on my walk.  I am listening to “The Innovators” by Walter Isaacson.  This morning I already heard some interesting facts about the first computer actually being envisioned in the early  1800’s.   

I like to envision where I will be when I finish listening to a book.  This is about 22 hours, so based on me missing a few walks and listening while I get ready and exercise after my walk, I should finish the book around June 15, right at the cusp of the “longest day”.  

I have found Isaacson to be both very interesting and very boring, or maybe uninteresting to 
me is a better way of putting it.  I really liked his book about Steve Jobs, but I could t hardly finish his  book on he Panama Canal and I was really prepared to like that.  It also could have been my mood at the time.

The politics of the Panama Canal is rather amazing.  Any different decisions could have had a a completely different outcome.

Sometimes I wander which is better, the “soft” incremental decision or the sudden strong radical decision.  My gut feeling says (surprise) that a combination of the two is best!  

Several bits of dreams were so strong (I don’t remember anything about the dream at all) that I am going to mention them here:

Dream 5/8/15

Bits of dreams:

Sitting on back of a car (or pickup?) dragging my feet on the pavement, actually going at a high  rate of speed.

I was wearing some “flip fops” I have worn for a considerable amount of time, wondering if I should let one of them fly off my feet, since I knew I wold never see it again.  I couldn’t bring myself to let it fly off, even though they are basically worn out.

Another bit, very short.

A friend of mine I worked with in Lakeland, was in my kitchen (current) using one of my “loose tea pitchers”.  He was commenting on what a good idea it was.  

Actually I have had them for years, but just started using them for loose tea after I got to like loose tea in China.  They actually work very well for hot “loose” tea.

I don’t really have any idea what this all means!


That’s it for now, Saturday, May 9, 2015.

No comments: