Monday, May 18, 2015

Spring 2015 May 18 Monday


66  degrees this morning.45:25  minutes walking 

Moving has started.  Since our new house is only about  4 miles away, we are moving a lot of it ourselves and will contract out the heavy stuff.  Sunday, we moved most of the books, many of the dishes etc, seasonal and Christmas decorations etc.  

Even after a year of “weeding” we still have a lot of stuff! We are in the mode of “if it doesn’t fit, dispose of it” etc. 

Our new neighborhood has an appalling lack of enforcement of storm water regulations.  There is red mud on the street etc., it is impossible to drive through the addition without getting your car muddy it would be impossible to walk or bike.

I filed several complaints with the City and took and sent a number of photographs.  (I may attach them here!)  I also posed several on Twitter.  

Wonderful day yesterday (Sunday).  We moved a lot of stuff and also went to an afternoon ball game.  The problem with “all you can eat” food is that you tend to eat too much, especially when it is food you normally don’t eat.  It is hard to resist ball park food such as hot dogs, peanuts, crackerjacks, big pretzels etc., stuff I would never eat otherwise!, not because I don’t like it I love it-but because it  simply isn’t a healthy diet even for occasional eating.  I do make the excuse that I only drink water, and it accounts for two meals for the day and it is only for a set number of days per year! 

We enjoyed the day and my new camera got a good workout.  I am very pleased with the camera and the pictures it takes.  

We are  taking approximately 4 big boxes of books and CD’s etc. to  donate to the library today and a number of items to other charitable organizations we hope can use them.  Another ballgame tonight, assuming the weather is ok, I believe it will be.  

It is difficult t donate some of the music and books, but I have to look at the last time I read the book or even listened to a music CD.  (all of my CD’s are backed to my computer than then in at least two “clouds”, plus if I really want it I can order it, so it just is a waste to have it sitting around deteriorating).

I try not to let magazines collect (and with “Next Issue” there is no reason to let physical magazines collect), so I am donating all the magazines I have whether I have read them or not.  I long have adopted the policy of when I get a new magazine or newspaper, I automatically toss the old one whether I have read it or not.

The difficulty is when there is something I wanted save to read and analyze later, I tend to save the paper or magazine, or at least rip out the article or page I want.

Of course, with Evernote, Dropbox etc, there is really no reason for saving any physical stories or articles.

The big problem is organizing the articles etc. so I can find them later.  While with the Mac “Spotlight” I can locate almost anything it is still not always easy.

As I have mentioned before, while Evernote has a lot of promise, actually using it is more difficult  than I always anticipate, and for some reason (probably operator error or ignoranceI), it is difficult to search.

With the new camera, (and also my iPhone) I am trying to make sure I delete the photos I don’t and get them organized each day.


That’s it of now, Monday, May 18, 2015

No comments: