Friday, May 22, 2015

Spring 2015 May 22 Friday



55 degrees this morning (Rain coming in, no walk)

Friday before a three day weekend!

Memorial Day, I believe, is as “early” as it can be, since the last day of May is on a Sunday.  I like Holidays, even more than vacation days etc.  

Moving continues.  As always when I move, I have this desire to live a minimalist lifestyle.  Which is fine until you have to actually live it, or at least realize what you have to get rid of to do the things preventing you from doing so! 

I figure I can start by really concentrating on getting rid of items I don’t use.  

It seems there are several thoughts preventing me from getting rid of stuff. 

“I’ll need it someday”.  This is a powerful concept, especially since it can be true.  I saved clothes for years on the thought “I’ll lose weight someday”, and the clothes finally fit!  (I quickly got  rid of the big clothes since I decided the reverse-I’d gain weight again and eventually fit them again, wasn’t going to happen!)

However, when I think of the “carrying costs” of having something for years you can’t use when you can buy something brand new that you absolutely need (such as a new size of clothes) it may not be worth it, plus buying something new keeps your clothes (or whatever) up to date and kind of rewards.

Still, even though it may not be reasonable, “I’ll need it some day” is a powerful reason for keeping stuff around.

The next is the “Round Tuit”, since as “i’ll get around to it”.  Of course, this includes books, magazines, gadgets, and is the reason you see trees growing through old cars! 

Of course, another one is “its’ still good”.  That is a tough one.  I have a ten year old iMac that still operates great and really could be used for some tasks.  But…it is obsolete for most programs.

Anyway, I’ll keep analyzing my motivators for keeping items, so I can continue “downsizing”.

A really weird dream yesterday morning during  my “after walk nap”

Dreamed I was having a Toastmasters meeting in my house (seemed like the first Harrah house).

Aliene was around and I was having a problem organizing,  for some reasons socks all over the house.  

We were meeting in a little room and didn’t have many persons attending. 

I got a call the “the Team” was coming to the meeting.

For some reason I went to my room to get dressed (not sure why).  I was in the position again of not having any clothes except my wrap around and a t-shirt.

The “Team” came to the meeting, a bunch of extremely  tall (7’ and up) of men and women in white uniforms, like the coast card or dress navy.

That is when I really noticed the socks around the house.

They walked through the house and to the meeting.

Next, for some reason I was walking down the middle of a street in some city.  It was raining really hard and the water was running high  though the street.

Suddenly it came up to my neck and I had to start swimming.  I was worried about being late to the TM Meting. 

Next I was in the house, wandering around doing odd jobs, trying to dress for the Toastmasters meeting.

Suddenly I realized the Toastmasters meeting with the “Team” was going on in a room, they had just closed the door when the meeting started and I hadn’t realized it

I was trying to decide whether to go in when the alarm went off.  It was one of those dreams where I feel like it is real and it talks a couple of moments to realize it was just a dream.

A very vivid, seemed to be long dream.  A lot of variety and very disconnected.  Absolutely no idea what it means or what all the very stonrg symbols meeans.

Toastmasters once was very important to my life (in a different way than it is now), I’m not sure what the tall men and women in white uniforms.  the water and flooding of the street is also  a puzzle, as are the socks around the house and the continual dreams about not having any clothes.  


That’s it for today, Friday, May 22, 2015

No comments: