Sunday, May 03, 2015

Spring 2015 May 3 Sunday


67 degrees this morning 45:40 minutes walking

21 degrees wind makes 67 degrees seem cold!

May, already, as the year rushes on.  

As i noted yesterday, a year ago, we arrived in China.  We were in Shanghai for two nights (the night we arrived and the next day and then flew to Xi’an, where we toured the Terracott Warriors and some other attractions.  We had a super guide, which really helped.  

Getting into the swing of moving, started packing up items.  

I decided the best way to weed items is to select what I want first, not concentrate on what items i am going to get rid of.  At least it has worked so far on the books.  

We are moving to a house with almost exactly the same square footage, although the configuration is considerably different.  

It makes it a little  easier knowing that much as I think I will, I will never read many of the books again (or for the first time), much as I think I will or want too.  The world is just a different place.  

I always had visions of children or grandchildren looking at the books and discovering some of the excellent books and stories I enjoyed, but realistically that isn’t going to happen.  As I mentioned, the world has changed and time is used so much different.   

It isn’t necessarily good or bad, but that is just the way it is.  Also, knowing I can easily obtain a copy of a book etc. makes it easier.  

I can remember reading many of the books when I was a kid and obviously children today have different interests  as do I.  However, I”ll never forgot the pleasure I got from reading the books and stories.  I read may of the literature books many times and didn’t understand the stories until years later.  

I did read the “Arabian Nights” (or the thousand and one nights) many times, although I doubt if I fully understood it when I read it.

Anyway, hopefully I can accept the fact that times have changed and many of the things I have carted around for life are better to be set free and use by someone else.    

Had two very strong dreams yesterday, don’t remember much on first dream:

Dream 5 2 15

Was in a city/organization with a lot of conflict.  Several important people in my dream.  
Dream involved decisions etc.  An unsettling dream.  

Not sure of place, seemed to vary,  a lot of hills and valleys and trees

Dream # 2

Dreamed somewhere along ocean  There was a tall lighthouse.

Part of dream was going to see someone, I’m not sure who.

He was remodeling two houses, with very large living rooms and few other rooms.

The person who was doing the remodeling showed me a house he had remodeled and he laughed at the very large living room and said there was even one bedroom “for the Master”.

I don’t believe the first house we looked at had a bedroom or anything but th living room.

Not sure what the house was originally, but have a feel it had been a floor of motel rooms

For some unspecified reason, I was visiting him and his wife.  I had my shoes off and was trying to find my socks.  I found some coffee filters and other junk and he laughed and said he was going to have to clean it up.  There was an upstairs to this one, because  we moved much of the  stuff to an upper floor.i

Aliene and i were somewhere, and I saw him (the remodeler) and his wife climb up the Light house.

I pointed him out to Aliene and mentioned how rough looking he looked as he claimed the lighthouse.  They were climbing the stairs and would come into view and then keep climbing out of view.  They were almost running up the stairs.

For some reason the number “6” seemed to be an important number

Another snippet I remember was riding with a former Lakeland colleague, we saw one of the Commissioners and waved as we went past.  He is the only one I respect enough that I would acknowledge.

A very strong dream, as was the previous one, except I remembered more of this one.

Watching a series on Mt. Everest, an expedition to the top (or an attempt).


That’s it for now, Sunday, May 3, 2015.

No comments: