Sunday, May 24, 2015

Spring 2015 May 24 Sunday


61 degrees this morning  Rain, no walk this morning

Major storms again, as the rain continues, along with tornado’s also returning to the area..

May of 2015 now had the record of must rainfall of any May and also any month.  Almost every rain now causes flooding, I assume due to the saturated soil and poor drainage planning by the City.

No response to our comments on the storm drainage problems in our new area.  Yesterday we took some items over and a builder had even made matters worse by throwing a bunch of dirt on the street.  I wonder where these people came from and why the city doesn’t enforce the drainage rules.  

I am sure the builders and developers are crying about how “they an’t do anything because of the rain”, but it is their poor developing and building practices that created the problems in the first place.

Of course as appears to be the rule in this city, the residents come last.
                
The Post Office here is the worst we have ever seen.  In our current neighborhood, we continuously receive the mail for our neighbors, our neighbors receive the mail for us etc.  There are many complaints of missed important mail.

All the post office says is “put it back and the carriers will realize their mistakes”, but that simply doesn’t happen.

In our new area, we got the the same address, different Street.  The house doesn’t have a Post Office Box yet, so apparently the carrier decided to dump it on us.  They also refused to pick up the mall when we put it back.

We are taking the mail to the Postmaster, although I doubt if we will get much concern.  We didn’t want to get the carriers in trouble, but apparently this is flat negligence, not even errors or laziness.

Apparently more rain coming in today (rain this morning was light at least). 

Hate to complain so much, but the continued deference shown violations by builders, developers and businesses and the continued negligence of the post office is starting to get rather wearing.  An occasional mistake is understandable, but this appears to be just SOP for the Post Office and city.

I am really basically a positive person, but….

Another dream, this one somehow reminded me of something that actually happened or at least came close to happening.  I tried to remember the name of the street in the dream but couldn’t.  I believe the setting of the dream is Denver, although I’m not sure.  

Straight forward dream I was driving around an area, not sure what I was looking for.

It wasn’t a residential area, it was an industrial area, with many vacant buildings.

I drove to an area and thought how this was my favorite and maybe I would buy one of the buildings.   (This is not  literal reality here, I never even thought of investing in an industrial building. May represent something else.)

there were other people and cars etc. in the dream, but I basically ignored them and didn’t recognize anyone..

I drove through an area and started speeding up the car when my alarm went off.

The buildings were all basically vacant, except that I saw trucks.

In one episode I remember,l a truck was blocking the road and blocking me from going to a house.  It was one of those “u shaped’ drive ways.


That’s it for now, Sunday, May 24, 2015.

No comments: