Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Spring 2015 May 27 Wednesday (Rabbits, Pink Elephants and Insults)

Spring 201 May 27 Wednesday  (Rabbit, Pink Elephants and Insults)

67 degrees this  morning 44:16 minute walk.

Rabbits, lots of rabbits during my morning walk.  

I rarely see a loose dog or cat in this neighborhood (I think I was only surprised by a loose dog one time, I don’t recall ever seeing a loose cat).  I guess that is one reason there are so many rabbits.

I see them throughout the walk, but they seem to be bunched together lately, I saw ten at one time yesterday more and several groups of four this morning.  

There have been  rabbits in this addition ever since we moved here (I really mentioning that instead of deer, I now see rabbits).

The dog we had went I was a kid would love it here, he loved to chase rabbits.  I don’t recall if he ever caught one, although I’m sure he did.

I do remember that the birds were dive-bomb the cats (we started with one cat and probably ended up with 50), and occasionally would get caught by the cat.  

Seems gross now, but that was just part of life on a farm.

On my Flickr project, I currently have 804 (and counting) photos to upload.

However, I have this suspicion that the uploading program skipped about 15,000 photos,but I’ll see when it finishes.

I took a look at it and it is truly amazing how it categorizes the photos.  

However, as with the TV cable company, technology seems to promise much more than it can deliver.  Much of it is “vaper ware” as they used to say.  

The cable tv system is full of bugs.  Somehow they always promise more than they can deliver, charge you for what they promise an then get by without actually delivering what they promised, but continue to charge for the promises

If that makes any sense.  I know what they are doing, it is hard to explain it.

Sun actually  was out yesterday and it got up to at least the high 70’s, maybe low 80’s.  It was nice, although near use there was thunderstorms nd tornado warnings.  

And of course the ever present earthquakes that the politicians, oil companies etc. ignore like the big pink elephant sitting in the room and tromping around the house that no one talks about or even acknowledges. 

I took a break from writing this to look up the phrase “Pink elephant”.  Apparently it isn’t that old of a phrase, and the term “elephant” or “white elephant”  is also used.  
It can describe the obvious (something large that no one wants to discuss because it is a problem), something that is discussed, but not acknowledged. It also can refer to something impossible to miss, but also impossible to find.  

Anyway, it is intreating to follow through on the origin of words and phrases and see how they change. 

One thing I like about being around children and younger people is to hear how language evolves.  I have to admit, sometimes I don’t like it, but I figure  that is their language  

Reminds me the New York Times had a story about someone who makes a subtle insult. I don’t recall the term, I believe it was “shade”.   I thought, if the other person doesn’t care or even realize an insult has been made, does it really matter? 

Or was that an insult?


That’s it for today, Wednesday, May 27, 2015.

No comments: