Friday, May 29, 2015

Spring 2015 May 29 Friday


67  Degrees this morning 44:31 minutes walking

Yesterday was warm, although it was overcast.  Rain south of us,with resulting flooding.  

A lot of strong lightning and thunder yesterday morning, some rain.  

The electricity went out for one of those “blips” that affect all the computers, clocks etc.

In a way, it is hard to believe we are so dependent on electricity. Literally everything depends  to some degree on electricity, especially computers and the internet.  

While I don’t quite understand enough to discuss it, I wonder what it would be like if electricity was like computers, whereby each house or business was a generating plant and generated it’s own electrify and sent out electricity over the “electric net” when it generated electricity and could get electricity when the building needed electricity.  

I don’t quite understand how it would work, but I think the concept is valid.  Not that it would necessarily be feasible or even desirable.

However, from the book I am listening to, we came unbelievably close to the similar pattern for he computer system, if they had decided to go with “dumb terminals” dependent on a central computer.

I don’t know how WiiFi, smart phones etc. would ever had been invented if that had become she pattern. 

Of course, I have often thought it the wheel hadn’t been invented, we might be traveling on a cushion of air etc.  

I think it is true with smart phones, some areas made the direct jump to smart phones, since there was no electricity infrastructure.

Another dream, this one was weird.  I realize dreams are like funny situations, some times you have to  be there (or actually have the dream) to realize what it was really like and “telling the story” doesn’t always communicate the idea.  

Dream:
I was at some kind of meeting.  

For some reason they had “rides” there like Ferris Wheels and some kind of other ride, maybe a basic roller coaster. People went up into the Ferris Wheels to discuss matters.

For some reason i climbed up to the top of he Ferris Wheel and set there, and some other people came up to an adjacent Ferris Wheel.

I dropped papers from the high places and also dropped clothes and my brief case. 

I also threw down one of my  sandals, although I kept thinking that they cost $15 so I shouldn’t  do that.  (Similar to another dream except it  related to my house “flip flops”.

I thought I was up extremely high, but I dropped down at the end of the time,  (with the encouragement of the persons next to me) I was surprised it was only a short drop.

I went around to pick up my stuff and somehow  found it (basically t-shirts, my papers in a satchel etc). I  don’t recall if I found the scandal.

At the end, I started losing bird feed out of a bag and then I woke up.

This one was so weird, I won’t even try to analyze it


That’s it for today, Friday, May 29, 2015

No comments: