Thursday, May 21, 2015

Spring 2015 May 21 Thursday (Weather, "Natural", Exercise)


53 degrees this morning. 46:10 minutes walking.

Cool this morning.  I am glad I didn’t store all my cold/chilly weather garments!  I definitely needed them this morning.  

Nature seems to be playing a joke on us this year.

The rain continues.  I think this month is expected, or is the heaviest monthly rain on record.  It rained Tuesday evening and some Wednesday.  Fortunately for us, the worst we’ve experience is a lawn so wet we couldn’t  mow it for awhile and just by luck caught the one day it has been dry for the past three weeks.

A lot of the area has had floods, plus tornadoes, high winds etc.  Much of the flooding is due to the poor planning of storm drainage facilities in this City.  I am sure the  cost of repairing the damage was much  higher than proper drainage planning, especially since the developers should pay for the increased drainage problems.  

Work has become even more interesting.  I have been getting a lot more variety of accounts etc.  and am now working some in the downtown area.  Many of the accounts involve researching in a way that is almost like solving a puzzle.

Actually, I never enjoyed solving puzzles that much, but I really enjoy this.  The day goes fast.  I enjoy both the research and also the “field work” which involves actually meeting with the accounts and trying to resolve the problem or problems.  

What is “Natural”.  I recently read an article about this and it was very thought provoking. (Actually I read it this morning during the time I usually walk.) 

I won’t summarize the article here, but it was interesting when someone says “natural”  (especially someone trying to sell me something they say is “natural”, I may think of some questions as to what they consider “natural”.  

The move will change my exercise routine, like it or not.  Since I exercise so much in my neighborhood, the patterns will change.  

The fact I live about 2 miles from a major YMCA will help but I am used to exercising at times when the Y normally isn’t open (they open at 5:00 a.m. on weekdays, which I may be able to incorporate into my routine).  

I really enjoy my current routine, but am looking forward to the change also.  No matter what, I will continue to include at least a 30 minute walk in my routine, the sit-ups and weight lifting.   Of course, I really want to increase my bike riding, which in this city is really difficult due to the lack of decent places to ride and the failure to establish and enforce storm water regulations etc. , which leaves dangerous areas on the streets.

Actually, the YMCA has some decent bike paths, although it could get boring.  However, I can’t be too picky.  I’m not sure if I really want to pack up the bike every morning and drive just so I can ride, but I go up there to ride several mornings a week and in the neighborhood the other days.  

Since I ride early in the morning, traffic is a lot less etc.

We donated another two boxes of books and a box of music CD’s to the library, so they are officially gone.  

I think I have accepted the fact that things have changed, and I no longer have any reason to keep my cassette tapes (!), CD’s or even most of my books.  Now, my big hangup is hats, t-shirts and the “bags” (or briefcases, satchels etc.) I got at conferences or accumulated through the years when I bought packages of notebooks and pads etc, plus other accumulated stuff I will use “some day”.   Oddly enough, I am using many of the pads, pens, etc. in my work, although I have enough to last a lifetime, even if I was a lot younger. 


That’s it for now, Thursday, May 21, 2015

No comments: