Thursday, May 14, 2015

Spring 2014 May 14 Thursday


64 degrees this morning, no walk, raining 

Almost cold out there yesterday and this morning.  Didn’t rain as much as forecast yesterday, although there  was some times when there was heavy rain. Out back yard is starting to look like a jungle, since it has been too wet to mow.

According to the forecast, is supposed to rain for several ours and then clear up.

When it is raining and I can’t walk, I always think I will use the extra hour to sleep or get something important done.  Of  course, I don’t do either, although I do catch up on some tasks that I  would do later.

Yesterday was an “office day” .  I needed to go in the field, but needed to do some office work also.  Fortunately I got a lot done in the office and will be ready for a busy field day today.  Hopefully it will warm up and stay dry.

I have a lot of new type situations I need to research before I go out in the field and discuss the situation.  No matter how little I know, I usually know more than the other person so am considered an expert!  (That is, the customers,  a lot of the personnel know a lot more than I do.)

Looks like the house closing will happen.  We have a great Agent and we will have a door between the bedroom and bathroom!  We never even imagined a house built without  a door to the bathroom.  (The commode is in a separate room with a door.) 

We are trying to decide between the “do it yourself” move (with a lot of help obviously) or hire at least part of it done.  I’m  sure we will decide life is too short and contact out at least the heavy stuff.  

We are trying to envision what will go where when we move.  I’m sure that we will completely change what we think we will do now within a week of moving!

In “The Innovators”, the book I am listening too, he is just coming up on the development of the transistor. 

I actually remember this development.  In fact, I purchased one of the first transistor radios.  it was $20, a real fortune those days.  I put down .50c on a lay-away  plan.  Considering I was lucking to make .50 to $1.00 per hour occasionally mowing lawns of cleaning out septic tanks, it was a very expensive radio, compared to what I make today!  

However, it was worth every penny.  It was a marvel.  

I guess it started a life of fascination with electronic gadgets and appreciation for innovation.  

Report  on a dream I had yesterday.  I had  one this morning but didn’t get up in time to write it down, so forgot it.  

This is a strange dream, in that I don’t drink soft drinks (or at least I haven’t for at least 7 yearsI) and don’t got through drive thru’s, certainly by myself.

5-13-15 Dream

In  a Burger King, bought a drink. I was in some kind of weird drive through. It came in a big milk jug (the old milk bottle designI)  and was over $2.00.  I expected it to be less and tried to pay.

I thought I had forgotten my money.  The clerk (a man) offered to pay for it when I originally thought I had forgotten money and wanted to use a credit card.

Then I found my money at the bottom or my pocket and pulled it out.
I kept trying to sort the money out and somehow couldn’t sort it out.  
I kept trying to sort out out the money but couldn’t.  My wallet was moldy and i couldn’t get  the money untangled.

I would see a $20 bill and a $5 bill, but I couldn’t sort out the money.

People started to look at me weird and i was wondering how I was going to tell Aliene I had gotten so confused that I couldn’t sort out money.

It seemed to take forever, but fortunately I woke up.

Hope you all have happy dreams today!


That’s it for now, Thursday, May 14, 2015

No comments: