Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spring 2015 May 28 Thursday


69 degrees this morning.  Started walk, stopped due to thunder and lightning 

Looked at weather this morning, seemed like rain was a long way off.  Started walk and realized he lighting and thunder weren’t that far!  

Memories of people who had gotten struck by lightning went through my mind and I decided walking wasn’t all that important this morning!  

I miss my walk, but not to the point of stupidity!  

Enjoyable cook-out last night with Aliene’s brothers/sister and spouses.  The opportunity doesn’t happen often, and it is always enjoyable.  

While we generally have an excellent leasing agent, it will be nice to “own” our home again and feel more like we can make changes and just have, as someone mentioned, a sense of “ownership”.  if we want an outlet changed we can do it, if we want to hang a picture we can do so without worrying about nail holes etc.  

While I realize lease agreements are written for the worst possible case, there are so many arbitrary provisions, I’m not sure if I would ever sign a lease again.  There is a lot of potential for abuse.  

I think it has the same general concept as airlines, banks, credit cards,  hotels, auto dealers,, car rentals, etc., in that they buyer/renter seems to be considered “fair game” for as many nuisance/hidden/extreme and unbelievable fees as they can load on, especially “got you” nuisance fees that they either hide or don’t mention, or are so arbitrary that they just figure you won’t go to court to fight the obviously illegal and nuisance fees due to the cost of fighting them.

Had a series of dreams, one dream:

Dreamed I was in a meeting. Not sure of purpose (perhaps like a lot of meetings!)

There was a person (a man) trying to get volunteers for some future projects (again, project unknown.)  He was mentioning how busy he was and how important the meetings were.

As part of this, a family (literally a family with small children) was being hired for something.  They were told to leave the room and then everyone celebrated when they came back  in since  they got the appointment or whatever it was.

The setting reminds me of a barn on the farm of a friend of mine when I was a child (in fact my first fiend), Larry Slater.

Very strong and vivid dream, move vivid than the shadowily dreams I occasionally have.

I thought it was for real when I first woke up.

Lately, I have wakened from my naps long before the alarm goes off.  

(later in day)

Dreamed in Theatre, not sure what movie or even if it was “live”.   Aliene was there.

For some reason there was a real complicated procedure to get into the upper lobby of the theatre.  I tried several times.

When I made it to the top there was a table with a variety of food for sale before you went into the theatre.

Theatre was based on a theatre in Russell, Kansas near  where I went to high school (Dorrance,  Kansas)

 No clear idea as to reason for anything in the dream.

Today (Thursday) and Friday are going to be busy at work, preparing for moving etc.  (he house has to be in “show” condition even while moving, whatever “show” condition is

Busy “field” day both days also.


That’s it for now, Thursday, May 28, 2015.

No comments: