Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Spring 2015 May 20 Wednesday


63 degrees this morning, No walk, rain.

One thing I learned about moving, is that U-Haul (at least for us) makes the best boxes and the cheapest boxes.  It probably depends on what the purpose is, but the U-Haul boxes have handles (that is inserts you can put your and in if you don’t need to carry it by the bottom), and they are a lot lighter and more sturdy.

Some of there more technical boxes (china boxes for long moves etc.) may be expensive,  but I expect they were be expensive anyplace.  

I remain amazed at the lack of planning in this city, it is like they are back in the sixties, or maybe more prehistoric than that.  There is absolutely no connectively in commercial parking lots even, and their stormwater enforcement is pathetic to say the least.

The dirt in some places is like dye, so if you get your clothes dirty you may as well throw them away.

Meanwhile, the developers and builders continue  merrily going along, no silt fence, letting mud go out into the street.  It is just amazing it is almost  gross negligence.  

Of course, developers, contractors, builders and commercial business seem to run this city for their own benefit.  I’m not saying they shouldn’t be encouraged, but the rules still need be enforced.  The residents just don’t to seem to be important to them.

While I”m on the “expressing my opinion” phase, I also need to mention why in the world does Sirius XM have dj’s on their music stations.  

While moving stuff last night I tried to listen to three music channels and finally just turned it off in disgust when every channel had a dj chattering about something completely unrelated to the music or anything else. 

This isn’t a matter of age, I have always disliked chattering disk jockeys who don’t seem to understand that i listen for the music and i could care less what they think or say.

I really thought XM radio wouldn’t have dj ’s, much less one on every channel.  Years ago, I bought my first car cassette player so I don’t have to listen to dj ’s, and I may just start listening to my iPod in the car and cancel XM.  

Of course there is always one or two channels you like and that would be difficult to be without, but I am going to consider canceling it and using the money to get some decent music without having to listen to chatter.

At work, I have some additional territory at work, covering for a person who resigned.  It is always fun to have new territory, and what I really like is I have enough to keep me busy.  I definitely have a wide variety.

Just wanted to note a dream I hadn’t noted yet.  I don’t really make any attempt to interpret my dreams, it probably wouldn’t be correct anyway.  However, I am  reviewing the general trend of my dreams and I am picking up some interesting threads.  

Of course, I remember only  a smidgen of my dreams.

Dream  5 18 15

In dream driving on road, watching for a truck, somehow associated with my work.

Not sure who else was in the car.  Didn’t really know who else was with me

Was trying to track down where going.  At one point several ruts through a forest, but decided not the big truck I was looking for.

There was a traffic circle and heavy forests, but no indication as to where I was.

That’s it for now, Wednesday, May 20, 2015




No comments: