Monday, May 11, 2015

Spring 2015 May 11 Monday (Cameras, Water Breaks and Time)


51 Degrees this morning.  46:00minute walk

Update from yesterday morning-  It was a major water leak and our water was shut off.  I barely make it back from my walk and took a shower before the water was cut off!

We were eating “Mothers Days”  breakfast, so we left a little early  to go to the bathroom etc. and by the time we got back, the water was on.

One thing I can say for this city is they are fast on stuff like that.  They had good staffing and were quick to respond.

Got a new camera Saturday night and get it set up yesterday.  While the iPhone camera is great for most pictures, I decided I needed one with a few more capabilities.  (Like zoom etc).

I could get zoom lens etc. for the iPhone, but it didn’t make a lot of sense (for me anyway) to carry around an extra package of lenses when I could buy a camera and not have to worry about upgrading every time I changed phones etc.

Anyway, I went to purchase one camera on sale, but it was bigger than I expected, and I was willing to sacrifice features for size.  I really have had good luck with Canon, so I was going to stick with Canon.

However….I saw a Sony on sale so I asked about that.  They were willing to honor the advertisement, but said it was on back-order.

The Clerk said to make up for it he would give me a “good deal” on another camera I asked about, a Nikon CoolPix S9900.  

To conclude, I love the camera, it haas all the features I wanted, and even more important, some I didn’t know I wanted and it is also very slim and will make a great camera for when the iPhone isn’t enough.

To make me feel even better about it, the Nikon CoolPix 9900 is ranked at the top on the Consumer Reports rankings.  

I took some test photo’s and was very pleased with the result, with pictures I couldn’t take with the iPhone. 

Not that I won’t use my iPhone, probably a lot more than the Nikon, but the Nikon will really be handy when I do need it.  

Hopefully the rain is gone for awhile, or at least the storm.

Monday is here.  The weekend seems to go fast and then the week goes fast.  Our 10th Month  here and my 8th month in my job sped by on May 2 without me even noticing it.  

I have an app,  “HeyDay” that keeps track of me (literally) and pictures I took.  I just got a notice that last year I was in Beijing China and had taken 90 pictures (and that was just on my iPhone!I had two other cameras I took pictures with!)

Perspective is funny.  The China trip seems like yesterday, but was a year ago, and it seems like I have lived here longer than since I was in China.  If that makes any sense.

I am planing on taking a course at the community college/vo tech on “Word Press”.  I have been using it ever since Apple pulled the plug on their Web site program.  (And so to speak, spoiled Apple for me for awhile at the casual and unthinking way they do things.)

I like Word Press, but, like many projects, have only learned enough to write my blog etc   It looks like I don’t have any conflicts so it is a good time to take it.

It is 15 classroom hours which anymore seems like a lot, but it should be enough to teach me something, or maybe I should say 15 hours is adequate opportunity for me to learn something.


That’s it for now, Monday, May 11, 2015.    

No comments: