Friday, May 01, 2015

Spring 2015 May 1 Friday


64 degrees this morning,45:33  minute walk.

I didn’t realize 64 degrees could be so cold as it was during my walk this morning.  However, I did warm up as the walk continued.  

Weather was wonderful yesterday and is supposed to be even better this weekend.  We will enjoy it!

The  new house is looming, with possible closing on May 15, assuming everything goes well 

I am considering my exercise options.  I really need to start riding my bike on a regular basis early in the morning.  

Moving always changes my exercise patterns.  The best YMCA in the area is about 2 miles away,  the next problem is how busy is it when I want to exercise!  

Also, I am used to a 24 hour gym (in Lakeland) 7 days per week.  Of course, here I don’t go to a gym.

Considering the problems with my feet, it would be better if I started bicycling more and cut back on walking just a bit-I definitely can’t stop walking completely.  It is too much a part of my daily life.  

Walking for me is a time to listen to a book I wouldn’t get to listen to or read otherwise, a chance to meditate, get out for fresh air, get to know the area, think about actions I need to do and otherwise is a very important part of my life.

So far, my feet haven’t gotten any worse since I changed my walking shoes so I don’t think that is a problem.  

I am so used to walking, I assume you could consider it an “addiction” but….

While I really enjoy bike riding, it isn’t quite the same.  It is a different type of time of my life.  I enjoy it, and it is different than walking.

I think the bike riding, having the threat of falling at any second makes it so much different, as well as the speed  

I always thought the bicycle was the perfect means of transportation “see” something became it is faster than walking and you don’t get bored, but it is much slower than a car and you can see a lot more.  

I am always surprised at how much more I see when I am riding a bide than when I am in a car.  Of course, that also depends on whether I am driving or riding.  When I am riding,it is like I see a lot more.



Got some more information on Netflix, now I understand how it can be a real asset.  I had forgotten about the DVD service, which apparently is sort of a “long tail” of almost endless supply of any movie or DVD you want or think you want to watch.  

I think it is something like an internet book store or music store, eventually you can find anything you want, probably at a very reasonable price. 

I never thought of the internet as limiting before, but in a way, for movies etc., it is limited, as least as far as streaming, plus it takes so long to find it.  A DVD, book, or recording is available with a short search.  I”ll try it.

Start of the month.  Soon I should be receiving a bunch of new accounts, endless possibilities in the world of retail.  I love to get a bunch of new accounts and work through them.  Resolving the problems or issues is very satisfying to say the least.  


That’s it for now, Friday, May 1, 2015.

No comments: