Thursday, April 30, 2015

Spring 2015 April 30 Thursday


Aliene got good news yesterday, the Doctor said  surgery was very successful.  She has to wear the neck brace for some activities (riding in a car, walking etc.), but otherwise can resume normal activities.

Otherwise she doesn’t need to wear it and can start gradually exercising her neck.  

That was good news to say the least!

She can also start driving, although she is still taking some pain medicine, so she won’t drive while she is taking the pain medicine, although she takes smaller doses every day.  

Now, she would like to start her exercise and walking program again.  She probably will wait until after we move, assuming everything goes ok.

I am puzzled by the excitement over “Netflix” the movie/program streaming service.  I tried it for a month and  tried to find three movies I wanted to watch.

Netflix didn't have a single one of them, so I canceled the account.  I don’t really watch “series” so that didn’t interest me.  (The last series I watched was Hill Street Blues if that tells you anything.)

There has been a lot of excitement in the stock market in investing in Netflix.  

A lot of people like it, so it must have it’s good points.  I just can’t find them for me.

Another concern is, who is going to provide the band width for all of this?  Talk about “cutting the cord” all you want,   you still have to purchase band width from a cable company  and the more you stream, he more bandwidth you use.  

I think it is strange I haven’t heard more about this being a problem.  

It is even worst on mobile where they kill you  cost wise on bandwidth aa the actual amount available  

I know when I stream CNBC I can use up to 28 gig per day, although it normally is about 15 gig.  This would kill out my whole smart phone plan in one-third of a day! 

Anyway, that is the major  reason I can’t get enamored with the idea of Netflix, amazon etc. as far as streaming content.  Amazon’s quality is also suspect, as is their pricing, at least in my experience.   Increased  technology could change that.  

Wonderful day yesterday, in spite of the cold start  Hopefully, it will keep up!  Even though it was cold this morning (43 degrees), I enjoyed the walk.  No real wind, which helped a  lot.

Every Spring, I somehow get it my subconscious mind that it is Spring and warm weather is there.  Then I am disappointed when the cold weather returns for a short visit!

I remember one year the “Bartlett Pears” were proudly out in full bloom, a sudden freeze came in and the Bartlett pear looked like it was in complete shock before it started turning brown. 

I am waiting for the blaze of color that announces Spring.  Maybe it doesn’t too that like like it does in Memphis. 


That’s it for now, Thursday, April 30, 2015

1 comment:

www.jetessay.com said...

I am sorry ti hear this trouble happened to her1 thanks for informing. We'll be praying so that God deliver us from different bitterness!