Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Spring 2015 April 7 Tuesday



71 degrees this morning, 45;22  minute walk.

Aliene is still feeling well, having some effects from the medicine, but otherwise tired, but feeling well. Sh

Spent the day yesterday in the office preparing for a field day Tuesday.  I will have  combination of new and old cases which is nice.  Some of my cases can only be handled by phone, so I am spending a little more time in the office.  

Hopefully I can give my “dash cam” a trial run tomorrow.  It may be kind of rough but it will be a good test.  

I always feel a little worried by something like the flat tire, so I”m glad to see it was fixed so soon.  They fit me right in and got the tire fixed and changed.  

71 degrees this morning and the week is supposed to only get warmer, which will be nice.

I have been attending Toastmasters meetings on a regular basis.  It is a good organization, and you definitely get out of it what you put into it.  

At the Toastmasters meeting I went to last night, the “topic” was Summer Plans, which fit right into my thinking!  

Earthquakes are increasing in both number and power.  There was a 4.2 earthquake the other day (originally cited as a 5.2) that could do some real damage.  I will start keeping track of the number of earthquakes again, I think they are increasing at an alarming rate.

One of the reasons we hesitated about buying a house was that the general feeling around here is to avoid confronting the issue of why earthquakes are increasing so much and what will happen.  

I don’t think there is any real question anymore the reason (either the salt water disposal wells, or the “fracking”), the big question is what to do about it.

We checked n earthquake insurance, but it is almost useless (10% deductible).  Damage from resulting fires etc. are covered by insurance, even if an earthquake caused it, but the structural damage wouldn’t be covered.  

Just checked, severn earthquakes yesterday.

Otherwise, we have almost completed the paperwork for purchasing the new house, and I am just checking on the Tax Returns.

I don’t look forward to packing again, but at least we have already gotten rid of a lot of “stuff” and we will have time to move in phases.  Of course, that can result in “living in two places” for awhile, which isn’t any fun either.  

Anyway, Aliene can’t do anything for six weeks, and really needs to take it easy for the next six months.  There is no way we are going to take a chance on undoing the good that was done by the operation. 

She has an interesting device that is supposed to make bones heal fast by electrical waves.  It must work, the insurance companies approved the purchase!  I guess like a lot of things, you just accept the fact that it works and actually does heal bones faster no faith and positive thinking !


That’s it for today, Tuesday, April 7, 2015.

No comments: