Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring 2015 April 21, 2015 (Small Decisions, Planning)



57 degrees this morning, 46:10 minute walk

Almost didn’t walk this morning, 40% chance of rain during my normal walk.

Thinking about how small decisions can affect our lives.  The chance meeting that leads to a job, family, disaster etc.  The missed flight that crashes etc. 

Last night, on a TV baseball game, a fan got hit by a batted ball as she made her way to her seat.  What are the chances of that!

In the end, a bunch of small decisions frequently become a major decision, or at least a major change in your life.

Looking back, while I can see how times when I knew I had a major decision to make, probably 90% of the time, my alternatives were restricted by previous decisions made without any thought!

Currently going through the process of purchasing a house.  Or sometimes it seems like they set up a number of sadistic barriers to prove you aren’t a (put in whatever is the threat of the moment), etc., when something simpler would be much easier and more effective.  

After doing my taxes and now trying to purchase a house (or more precisely, get a loan to purchase a house), I am beginning to think someone in the government thinks all I have is time to waste on bogus, duplicate paperwork.  Probably mostly paperwork that no one ever reads.

Speaking of government, this city is unbelievable in their poor planning.  While my neighborhood isn’t directly affected, nearby there is a large development going in.  No planning for the increased traffic etc. 

The neighbors received a notice to find out it is a “done deal” and all they want to do is increase the number of houses and reduce the public space!  Meanwhile, there is no provision for traffic into the addition, parks etc.  

This is definitely a city for developers, businesses and builders, not for residents.  Residents appear to be the last to be considered.

My latest dream-I think they are getting weirder as I remember them more. 

ream 5-20-15

Dreamed I was talking a walk  The walk was kind of routine until the last part where I walked past a police car who had stopped a motorcycle.

I”m not sure of the location but it seemed familiar with brick streets
 and a lot of trees.

I had seen a motorcycle stopped before this..

When I walked past it was like there were two or three officers standing by a motorcycle.  The motorcycle driver looked relieved.

As I walked past I suddenly felt someone grabbing my back almost to the shoulders, not a grab but more of a hard rub.

I turned around and a strangely dressed Police Officer (or law enforcement officer) with yellow sun glasses started speaking to me in a strange language, something about how I hadn’t walked in a straight line on my walk.

I kept trying to understand him but the language was impossible to understand and got more difficult, where I couldn’t understand anything he was saying.

I woke up.  What’s it mean?  I really have no idea, but  it is interesting to see some of the similar themes in my   dreams.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, April 21, 2015

No comments: