Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring 2015 April 20 Monday



44  degrees this morning. 44:56 minute walk

I’m glad I didn’t put away my “cold weather” wear for walking!  I would have really missed it this morning.  

Monday, it’s nice to have a weekend, but it is also nice to work and have the the routine of the work week also!  

I was reading over the weekend about people who immunize themselves from various poisons, including snakebites.

There are even some people who gradually build up them immunity to snake bites and let a variety of snakes bite them so they become immune to all snake bites.  (One such persons is the only person who has ever survived the bite of a  especially poisonous snake, I believe the coral snake.)

Supposedly, Kings and other rulers etc. used to build up immunity to avoid assassination by poison.  

In fact, one such person was toppled and couldn’t kill himself since he was immune to poison!

I found these nuggets in a book I”d never heard of before, Kent Russell “I am sorry to think I have Raised a Timid Son”.  

There are a lot of other stories in similar vein that make it an entertaining (and to some degree) educational book. 

It kind of reminds me of an American “The Kite Runner”, at least as regards some of his characters.  I think the book itself is much different.
It is one of those books I picked up at the library on impulse, I would never have bought it or bought it as a regular book, an e-book or an audio book.  

One of the benefits of having an wonderful  Library.  

Busy “office day” today for my job.  I have a lot of catching up to do from my “field day” Friday.  

Got a scanner set up yesterday.  I’m a little disappointed in the lack of speed etc. it will incur, but since it is for photos, I guess that is one reason it is slow is, it is a high resolution.  (At least that makes a good excuse.)  It is primarily for us to scan our “hard copy” pictures etc.  I’m afraid it won’t be much of a document scanner, but then the scanner apps do a pretty good job of that.  
Sunday 4-19 Dream

Dreamed I was going somewhere, on a trip.  We (my mother and most of my family) were on the trip).

We walked to the hotel, agreeing to meet later for some type of meeting.

I was in the hotel by myself, things keep happening to prevent me from getting out.

Finally I walked out and elated I had forgotten my gun and cell phone.

On the way back to the hotel room, I reflected (in the dream) about  how horrible it is to live a a country or time when i have to carry a gun. (Note:  for reference, in real life I don’t  carry a gun)                                                                                 

I tried to walk back into the hotel room, but a bunch go children on some kind of trip blocked me from going in.

Finally I went in and a young boy followed me in.  We didn’t talk, but I noticed the   carpet in the middle was dirty like someone ha swept the carpet forwards the middle and left the debris there

I woke up.

Second dream 4-19:

Dreamed I was in a hotel, or perhaps a doom room.

Later):  Dreamed rented a bike and went for a bike ride.  I rode around an area I can’t identify although there seemed to be tents like at a festival.

Seemed to be fast.  There also was a wharf or beach area.

Couldn’t always figure out how  how to stop the bike and I frequently had to use my feet to stop it.  Sometimes I was surprised at how fast it accelerated.

Took it back to the hotel, went up to my room and then realized I had forgotten to take the bike back.  Saw Eric Bridges, whom I used to work with.

Went down and found it was still there along with some baby buggies, wheel chairs etc.

Woke up, no idea what all of this means!


That’s it for now, Monday, April 20, 2015

No comments: