Friday, April 03, 2015

Spring 2015 April 3 Friday


72 degrees this morning.  45:11  minutes walking.

Actually this is being written on Thursday, April 2.  Aliene’s surgery seemed to go well and she is our of recovery etc.  She has been mostly sleeping thus far.

Surgery seems to have a timeless quality about it, like the world suddenly stops and waits for an event to be completed before starting the world again.

(Later):  Aliene is still doing fine.  She went through a little rough spot in the afternoon, but was doing much better last night.

The hospital (actually a surgery center for back & neck operations) is within about  than 2 miles from our house, so I can run back if I forgot something.  

Hopefully she will get out today (Friday), but it will be up to the Doctor.  

I ran home tonight to eat supper while Michelann as visiting her.  The weather was in the low 80’s and just perfect, so I set outside and ate my supper.  It was nice.  Not as good as my beloved back yard in Lakeland, but still very nice.

I am actually writing this as I sit in the back yard, although it is a little too cool yet.  

On the way back last night, I put the sunroof down and again enjoyed a trip with the sunroof down and the music playing.

I recently read where a man died from drinking ten cups of tea a day.   I will need to research this further, but apparently tea has something that, in “rare” cases can cause your liver to fail and you die from liver failure.   

“Rare” doesn’t really matter if you are one of the ones that are affected that way!   I could stop drinking tea really fast if I was one of the persons affected that way!   

The news article concluded with the observation that there wasn’t any record as to whether it was “Sweet Tea”  , “as tea is normally served in the South”.  Obviously the writer hadn’t done research on this, “Sweet Tea”, while much more available (and much better) in the South is not the “normal” way of drinking tea.  

In fact, in Nashville the iced tea is just as horrible as Oklahoma City (weak) and “Sweet Tea” is not all that much available.  Sweet Tea is much more available in Memphis, but hardly the “normal” way of serving it.  If nothing else the story was incorrectly stereotyping an entire region, incorrectly, although in a very minor way.

Actually, since I starting working in my present job, especially when I am on a “Field Trip”, I enjoy a bottle of Gold Peak Diet  SweetTea.  It is almost addictive, except at what it cost, I can’t bring myself to drink more than one!  They are also very hard to find for some reason.

Gold Peak Tea is made by Coke, so I am surprised I don’t see more advertising on it.

Speaking of that, the impact of prescription drugs on your body can really be surprising sometimes.  The side effects can be worse than the cure!

The Surgery Center had free wi fi, which was nice.  It gave me a chance to work on some “Round Tu its” , although I have to admit I also took some naps, especially while Aliene was sleeping.

Gas prices around here are really strange.  At the same gas station, when I  took Aliene to the Surgery Center this morning it was $1.93 per gallon, when I when home for supper (about 5:00 pm.), it was $2.08, when I came home tonight (about 8:30 p.m.) it was $2;01!  I guess they have gone to time of day pricing, kind of like the airlines!

Going to see Aliene when she wakes up, hopefully she will get out today.


That’s ilt for now, Friday, April 3, 2015.

No comments: