Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring 2015 April 26 Sunday (Coffee Cups)


63 degrees this morning, 45:06 minutes walk

Wonderful day yesterday.  Wearing shorts, t-shirt and scandals as the day went on.  Probably some storms coming in today.  

2015 is now almost 4 months gone, 1/3 of the year already!  Next Saturday, we will have been here ten months and I will have been working 8 months.  Strange how time seems so short and yet so long!  It seems a lot longer than 10 and 8 months, and yet it doesn’t.  

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, sometimes you just have to roll with the waves.  

Aliene is progressing well, supposed to see the surgeon this week for the first follow-up visit since her neck surgery.  

We also have the “final walk-through”” of our house this week, assuming the loan is approved the house is appraised at the right amount.  

We haven’t really packed yet, of course waiting for final approval.  We have 45 days after closing to move, but it will go fast.

I have started seriously tossing and arranging stuff for donations etc.  I’m trying to apply the “Toothbrush” test to each item.  

Something I haven’t worn, read or looked at for 25 years, or even 13 years I probably don’t nee to cart around anymore1

I love to drink coffee etc. while I drive, but I have not found a coffee mug that works-i.e., one that doesn’t spill on my shirt.

The only cup I have found that I trust not to spill is McDonalds.  Fortunately I like McDonalds coffee and they usually will say “I’ll make a fresh pot” when I ask if they have fresh coffee.  

Starbucks has excellent coffee, but there coffee cup is not good.  I spill it just getting in the car.  

I can’t really say that Starbucks coffee is better than McDonalds.  (I only drink black coffee, I don’t  drink any of the other drinks with sugar/cream/milk etc.).  It is different, but not necessarily better or worse. 

I don’t care for Dunkin Donuts coffee and much other coffee is so uneven that it is hard to get coffee and be sure you will get a decent cup of coffee.

The worst coffee at a regular restaurant is TGIFridays.  It is horrible coffee.  

However, the most consistently excellent coffee is—Taco Bell!!.  I think it is some kind of insant coffee, but it is always fresh and always good.  However, to prevent substantial weight gain, I need to avoid Taco Bell except on special and rare occasions!  

Anyway, the purpose of all of this is that in the Wall Street Journal, I saw where a person mentioned the cup he used and it is supposed to “seal” and not leak and also is very good at keeping hot hot, and cold, cold.  It is the Contigo Autodial Randolph Stainless Steel Travel Mug. 
A unsolicited and unpaid recommended by Scott McCoud, whoever he is.  I mention it here for my benefit, so I don’t need to save the paper or download the story from the internet.  It is supposedly available at Target etc.

I’m going to try one more coffee mug and see if it works!  Especially with my liking of both coffee and diet Gold Peak tea, I could use one of maybe even two (one for coffee and one for tea) in my “field days”s. 


That’s it for now, Sunday, April 26, 2015 

No comments: