Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring 2015 April 19 Sunday


60 degrees this morning, 45:02 minutes walking

20 years passes fast.  April 19 and the next several weeks and months were almost a time in suspension as everything was directed to the bombing.  

Overall good day weather wise yesterday with some storms coming in late, although no rain etc. here.

Kali and Katherine got new iPhones, which elated them to say the least.  

I am pleased they seem to pick up so fast on learning the iPhone (Kali had an older one before)  I am hoping I can concentrate more on learning and improving my ability to use computer programs and apps such as Evernote.  There just seems to be so much potential to learning them.

I think the personal instruction is invaluable, since normally what happens is I run into a snag I can’t get around.  If I have the ability to ask someone about it, I can easily get it resolved.  If I can’t , I generally have to stop since I don’t know how to resolve the one problem.

I have also found that when I “need” to learn something I learn it.  I think it is difficult (at least for me) to learn something completely in the abstract, something I don’t use on a regular basis.  I learn it, but then of course if I never use it it doesn’t  do me any good.

However, if I learn something (about computer programs or apps), and then don’t apply it I have to jog my memory when it does take time to use it if I don’t reinforce what I learned by doing it.

Almost finished up the U.S Grant biography.  I was surprised what a key role he played in U.S. history, especially when you consider at that time, the United States was less than 100 years old and he played a major role in the Civil War as well as during the recovery period.  He actually played a major role in the period until he died.  

Some recent dreams (I am remembering small portions)
Dream 4-17115
Dream in a big house, someone like the house on the farm I  grew up on. 
There were numerous persons in my dream.  
There was some kind of a testing or instruction on how quick you were.  The first skills involved questions on your knowledge, the second something else
The entire time, I had a large kitchen knife that I had to lay down so I could participate in the testing.
i went outside for some reason and everything changed.
There was some discussion on the weather, I don’t know what

This was an active dream, I delayed too long in writing down details.  Woke p thinking it was a real situation.

Second Dream 4-17-15:
Dreaming about riding in a car.

Then we are waiting around and someone announced that Frank Sinatra was out of the Hospital and coming to sing  tot he group

It was a very small group of people , and i vaguely remember a Senator or someone else important all being thee

The  was a “washhouse” on the farm I grew up on and this was the setting.

Third Dream 4-18-15

Dream was discussing going somewhere or taking someone. Aliene said for her brother to take someone (two people I didn’t identify) and a child in a car.

I was in the front passenger seat.

It was kind of like one the  the Model A or T cars.

There was some wild driving, and then the child in the back seat got hit by something thrown up by anther car  

I looked back and saw she wasn't responding.

I told the driver to go to the nearest emergency room and i woke up.


That’s it for now, Sunday, April 19, 2015

No comments: