Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring 2015 April 12 Sunday



63 degrees this morning 45:39 minutes walking

Tried to go to the minor-league baseball game last night. There was simply no parking available, nor any traffic control.  It illustrated the pathetic planning in this city.  

Encouraging all kinds of businesses without the parking or infrastructure will eventually lead to the decline of the area.  I think they got the horse before the cart, so to speak.

Traffic was backed up all over.  I think they need to start looking at some basic things most cities have like adequate parking lots and infrastructure. etc.    Very unfriendly area to visitors.  I surprised it remains so popular. 

I have to say Memphis is much better coordinated and does a much better job at handling events.   

Aliene is still feeling better. She still has periods of being sleepy, but she is really getting around well.  Just has to watch herself and not try to overdue it.  She still has  some pain.  She also only has five more weeks in the neck cast!  (Actually it is a brace, she can remove it.)

News story the other day mentioned a walker who was robbed and shot the other morning.  He is in critical condition and may be paralyzed.  It was in a much different area of the city and happened at 7:00 a.m.  

So I was a little paranoid this morning when on my walk I saw someone walking ahead of me.  I almost changed my course, but then decided I wouldn’t catch up with the person walking.  

Supposed to be relatively nice this morning, with rain later today.  Almost Spring, but the wind and weather has a touch of the Winter left behind. 

Quickly review several dreams I had.

4-11-15  Kept having this dream I had to get four people someplace on time.  Don’t remember why, just remember it was urgent.

At times would be six or 3 etc, or would be slightly late or too early.

Dream 4-11-15 (Later in the day) Dream in a house with a group of people, apparently at a good friend’s house where we played table games and  cards in Lakeland, although in a different house than she has) with her daughter and son in law.  Aliene was there, as was a son in law of ours and some other people.

I kept trying to figure how how to drive a pickup and the others kept giving me advice.  We were in a long kitchen , with a window looking out on some farm buildings.

Every once in a while,  I would go out to try to do something with the pickup.

At one time there was a car wrecked on a driveway with a culvert and an old “bar ditch” set up.  However, when I looked back it was gone.

There was a lot of conversation about everything with the group, (which was true to life!) although it concentrated on driving the pickup and ways to drive the pickup better.   

The kitchen window for some reason seemed inordinately important.

In spite of the fact it centered on why I couldn’t maneuver a pickup, it was a very pleasant dream, everyone was just talking and enjoying themselves, except I was frustrated by my inability to drive pickup.

Very intense dream, one of those you wake up and it takes you a while to realize it is only a dream.

Watching the Chinese Grand Prix.  Maybe I can attend some day!


That’s it for now, Sunday, April  12, 2015

No comments: