Monday, April 27, 2015

Spring 2i015 April 27 Monday



52 degrees this morning; no walk due to weather (Actually the weather app said 100% chance of rain when i normally walk, but it didn’t rain!)

Monday again.  I like the weekend, but I also like the start of the week on Monday.

I think the fight with the bird is over.  Unfortunately Sunday morning  I tapped he area below the bird to wake the bird and tell it to leave, when it flew into my walking stick.  I haven’t seen it since, but I hope ti wasn’t injured. 

So many times, an injury to something, specially in the wild, means it is vulnerable to other predators, so it is basically a sure death.                                                                                                 

Went to a baseball game yesterday.  I had told Aliene if the ball came her way I was going to have to jump in front of her since she can’t move her neck and isn’t supposed to lean etc.

I went out, and while I was out, I heard the announce saying something about a foul ball just missing a fan in the  area where we were sitting (although it just referred to the level of seats rather than the area).  I thought about the ball hitting close to Aliene but  thought that would be too much of a coincidence.

As I was coming back, one of the attendants for the area excitingly advised me that the ball had almost hit Aliene!  

Actually, it was over as fast as she knew it was coming but it was still too close for comfort!

(After hearing the story, everyone asks “who got the ball”, but it actually bounced to another level.)

That reminds me of when I was in the Air Force and went to a minor league baseball game.  A ball hit my car window and broke out the drivers side window.  Someone took the ball!

I am still adjusting to the “all you  can eat baseball food” without making a total pig of  myself.  I usually have a hot dog (no bun), a chicken breast, some chicken fingers and some peanuts.  

Later, I get a “big pretzel & cheese” and some peanut M&M’s.  

Not a good diet, I admit, but breakfast was the only other meal I had today!

Trying to either throw or sort items to donate or sell to reduce the amount of “stuff” we have.  

Actually not going bad (slow), but it is wearing .  

I think renting a house versus owning/buying a house is like the difference between dating and being married!  (I won’t go into any more detail than that, Use your imagination or experience!) 

Anyway, it affects the quality of your daily life, at least when it comes time to move or decide whether to move! 

Let’s just say I am ready to settle down with a house and hope it is the  last time I have to move, or at least the last time for several years 

Major storms were predicted for yesterday and today, especially late last night.  When it was first forecast they were predicted for 6:00 p.m., but the actual storm kept being delayed.  Actually most of it was south of us. 

It rained a little bit last night, but nothing like was forecast.


That’s it for today, Monday, April 27, 2015.

No comments: