Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Spring 2015 April 1 Wednesday



62 degrees this morning. Rain, no walk

April 1, but I don’t really believe in April Fools pranks.  I see them as a form of bullying, unless they are done the “right” way, and I have never figured out the “right” way to do it.  

So, no April Fools comments from me this morning, and I doubt that I will appreciate any of the “jokes” by media or other persons. 

Saw a program on 60 minutes where the polio virus is used to treat brain cancer (and other forms of cancer), somewhat successfully.  It is amazing what people can do when they are really dedicated.  

I really hope five years from now, they can do a story on how the treatment is successful, especially with some of the younger people  they showed.

The brother in law of a person I worked with at one place was 26 years old, got brain cancer and died within a month.  Any cancer is devastating, so it a polio virus can work miracles, that is wonderful.  

I have to admire the persons whose mind can make the jump to even think of  cure like this, much less actually doing it.

I was messing around with Facebook (I rarely even think of “settings” etc. in Facebook).  I was shocked when I realized I had just released my cell phone number to be available to the public.  I think (and hope) I got it changed back.  

I don’t think I actually gave the number, but I gave anyone authority to contact me on the number.  

I need go to all my “social media” and see exactly what type of information I am giving out (and what I am not).

April means that baseball is starting (in my case Major League mostly on tv, minor league in person). While, like Aliene said, the pace is so much slower after watching NCAA BB, it is a pace I like.  I do hope they speed up the games (in AAA minor leagues it will be interesting since they will be putting s timer on the pitcher and batter.)

I like the general pace of Baseball, the crowd and the relaxed feeling.  

“Office Day” yesterday.  I had a lot of “fun”, I did research and it is so much fun to find the answer, or at least the right procedure. It is really like a game.  

Also, I liked it that a person who had gotten upset at me about something I had to do, called me up about a problem and said ‘“it was so nice she had someone she could call who she know would respond!”  That just about made my day.  

My recent dream:
Dream 3-31-15

Morning:

Swimming in a big pool (part of a river) under a bridge.  I was with a another or several persons. (unknown, not even a face or gender)

Looking out, I saw a fisherman in full regatta (hip boats, with a rod & reel) being lowered into the river (away from the bridge) by a crane.  He was standing straight up with his rod and reel.

I thought, now our swimming hole is ruined! He was fishing upstream from us, which most be the reason I thought that.  I wonder how many people “upstream” ruin my day!

(Earlier dream, brief memory, going with Aliene to (I believe) Medieval fair.  I had forgotten my hat and was saying I didn’t want to buy another hat, but we were too far to go back.  It was very sunny out).  Of course that happens all the time in real life.

I don’t have any idea what it could mean!  Maybe I need to note all my dreams in a central document and I can see any relationships or get some insights.


That’s it for now, Wednesday, April 1, 2015.

No comments: