Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spring 2015 April 28 Tuesday (Record, Rain, Rabbits)


49 degrees this morning, 43:58 minutes walking.

A record this morning on my walk!  Probably trying to outwalk the rain.  Weather App said “100%” chance of rain during my normal walk time.  Remembering yesterday, I walked anyway and it never rained. 

I can understand weather forecasting is tough, but to me, 100% means 100%! Why not say “99%”?    I will need to go outside to check the weather in the future!

The Bird is back.  I was concerned I may have injured it, but yesterday morning, when I went out to get the paper, there he/she was.  I think it was the male bird, since he was brighter.  

He looked so miserable and defensive, I gave him a break and didn’t chase him off.

However, I can’t  afford to let him stay, it is a very strategic location for making a mess as well as dive-bombing visitors (and us).

I didn’t realize a bird could look so defenseless, pathetic and helpless.  

A lot of rabbits out this morning.  I counted at least 10 rabbits on the street in various areas!  I am glad the dog we had when I was a kid (“Puppy”) isn’t around or he would have been chasing them all over the place!

Actually, I have only seen a dog one time during my walk.  It scared he heck out of me, but it was a friendly dog.  Apparently doesn’t chase rabbits.

When the rain finally started yesterday, it pretty well kept up all day.  It was one of those cold, miserable rains that you think is never doing to quit.

On the other hand, it was a steady rain that probably soaked into the ground.  

One good thing about the rain, we went out to look at the house so we could see any drainage problems.  We noted one area where we thought some improvements could be made.  
We wanted to make sure we complained about it loud and often after having to make some very expensive drainage improvements at our last house. 

We are at the point where we are starting to mentally configure how we are going to move into the house.  We figure we never really know if everything is ok until the closing, but it is something we need to start thinking about.

Dream 5-17-15
Dreamed on 5th floor of hotel or office building

I wanted to go to the lobby and I was on the 5th floor and holding a baby.  I couldn’t remember where I got the baby but seemed like a grand baby or great-grandbaby. 

A couple came and went to the sixth floor and asked about the baby.

Hit the elevator button, but the elevator door kept on opening and closing fast.  I held it open and suddenly a whole line of people came in.  I didn’t have any idea where they came from so suddenly.

I realized I didn’t have the baby and stepped out to look for the baby.

The floor was full of people including several children and babies, but I didn’t see the baby I had been holding.  (The floor had been unoccupied before that)

I started to panic, but woke up.

That’s it for now, Tuesday, April 28, 2015.



No comments: