Monday, April 06, 2015

Spring 2015 April 6 Monday


55 degrees this morning, 45:11 minute walk. (Moist chill in air and 18 mph wind, colder than temperature indicated) 

Aliene got out some Sunday for Easter activities.  She was tired afterwards, but is doing fine.  We really hadn't expected to be doing anything yesterday and today except around the house, but she is doing well, although she feels the effects of surgery and tires easily.  

I am trying to  wrap up the tax returns (I have to file state income tax this year), and also do all the paperwork involved in purchasing a house. 

In all of this, the Camry also had the second flat since we bought it in October.  It had a screw right in the middle of the tire, almost like it had been measured and placed exactly in the center.  

I can’t figure out where I picked it up, although it could have been anyplace.  Sometimes in my “field days” I go to some industrial areas that may have some rough areas, but I had been off Thursday and Friday for Aliene’s operation.  

We figure it almost had to happen Saturday, which could have been anyplace, but may well have been when we stopped in to look at the house.  Or I could have picked it up earlier in the week and the screw just  was getting around to creating a problem.

The car currently has a “donut” tire on the front, so need to get it in and get it fixed before I drive it too far.  I never really trust “donut” tires or tires for that matter.

I really thought by now we would have puncture proof tires or, better yet, just be floating on air pressure and have no tires~

Watching (via DVR), the women’s NCSAA basketball finals and the first MLB baseball game of the year.

Both of the women’s games were one-sided.  It seems that women’s basketball has a wide variation between teams that hurts the sport.

Tackled Evernote today, got “Evernote web clipper” on my Chrome Browser, but not the Safari or my iPad.  

Evernote just seems to have all of this potential, and I am only using a small portion of it   Of course, that also is trie of all of my programs and my computer and iPad also!  

I find I am having a hard time reading fiction books, I have this vague feeling I’m wasting time.  If it reads too easy, I feel like I’m wasting time just reading, if I read “quality” fiction that requires some thought and concentration, I also feel like I am wasting my time on reading since it takes longer to read the book.

Perhaps “wasting” time is the wrong term, it is more like I’m not setting my priorities right, which may well be true. 

Also, that is probably temporary while we are looking at moving, buying a house, finishing the unusual tax returns for this year etc. and also Aliene’s surgery.  


The start of a new month at work, which means I should have some more interesting accounts to work.  I almost can’t wait to start working them, since it is interesting to start working the new cases.  

I try to combine “new” accounts and “existing” accounts to keep it interesting and also, of closures to finish up the existing cases in a reasonable period of time.  Not that the existing accounts aren’t interesting, it is very satisfying to get them cleared up.

Working on the final state of installing the “dash  cam” m the work car.  I thought it would be good to have proof of what happened in a variety of circumstances, plus it would just be interesting.  

I couldn’t find anyone who installed them (plenty who sold them), so I learned how to do it myself and I can use it this way until I can get a professional installation.  


That’s it for now, Monday, April 6, 2015 (3 days before Lee surrendered to Grant in 1865 and 8 days before Lincoln’s assassination in 1865, 150 years ago!) 

No comments: