Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring 2015 April 15 Wednesday


54 degrees this morning. 45:06 minutes walking

150 years ago today President Lincoln died.  It almost seems like a short time, relatively speaking.  There is some discussion on whether Stantons comment was “now he belongs to the ages” or “now he belongs to the angels”.  I think “Now he belongs to the Ages” is better whether that was what was said or not!

Like always, people heard different, just as different people heard Booth yet completely different things (or if he said anything at all).

We’ll never know for sure.

i have to wonder how things would have been different if Lincoln had lived.  Until a few years ago, I didn’t realize how tenuous the “peace” actually was at the time.

Finished our taxes and sent what we owed.  Actually I finished our taxes last weekend, and just paid today.  It is good to get it over.

The next step is to finish the paperwork on purchasing the house, we just finished gathering the paperwork on that tonight.

The paperwork involved seems to be a lot more  than it was last time.  I can undersign the requirements, but it seems there have gone to extremes.    

I read where people our ages expect to have their house paid off while we we are just starting a mortgage!  (Assuming we are approved.)  

Watching a copy of the 60 minutes story on “hacking”.  It is really scary to thing what could happen with incurs electric, and water utilities and companies such as shipping etc.

Today was an “office day” for me as I tried to catch up on paperwork and keep learning my job duties.  There is a lot involved, in fact it is almost more of an art rather than a science.  Maybe that is one reason I enjoy it so much.  

One year ago we were making final arrangements for our trip to China.  Certainly before the trip I didn’t know it would be such a memorable journey.  

Another dream (actually two, but one is really short)

All I recall is making several attempts to drive somewhere in the rain.

As the dream was ending, there was a lout weather report about how the rain and storms were continuing.

Persons in the dream included my sister Eleanor, and Aliene and several other persons.

The local area  seemed to be the farm I grew up on (plenty of mucky roads there!)

However, I seemed to be driving to Tulsa, which is long ways from where I grew up!

There was a big tree that I drove around as I was leaving, similar to the big tree we had on the farm.

I made several attempts to get where I was going, but never seem t get there.

Another brief dream:

Driving again.  Talking about whether it backing into a garage door was the most common accident.

I wonder if I dream a lot about cars and motels, or just happen to remember those type of dreams.


That’s it for now, Wednesday, April 15, 2015

No comments: